Help with winter set up - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Help with winter set up within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by BigpjiWRX Also, just forget that Im from south jersey. I just wanted to know what subaru owners ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigpjiWRX View Post
    Also, just forget that Im from south jersey. I just wanted to know what subaru owners in Colorado , Montana, alaska modify to there cars for the weather they endure. Do they do coilovers? Lifted springs? Or just snow tires ?

I understand if anyone wants to question why I wanted to do it lol.
    I honestly live in Jersey with you. I couldn't say for sure what people in those places do. But I can tell you I have a 2011 Sedan WRX STi, and I put a pair of Bridgestone Blizzacks on it, My freind in a Fordt SVT Raptor ended up once again being the one following me(through the snow this time, of course.). There's vehicle are no joke and the AWD is something out of this world. I feel the car has just as much control sliding around corner in snow, as it does sticking through corners in summer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    I honestly live in Jersey with you. I couldn't say for sure what people in those places do. But I can tell you I have a 2011 Sedan WRX STi, and I put a pair of Bridgestone Blizzacks on it, My freind in a Fordt SVT Raptor ended up once again being the one following me(through the snow this time, of course.). These vehicle are no joke and the AWD is something out of this world. I feel the car has just as much control sliding around corner in snow, as it does sticking through corners in summer.

I'm in NJ as well... survived quite happily 3 winters with my 09 WRX at stock ride height. I've used Hankook Ice Bear tires and loved them. I am now on General Altimax snow tires which are great in the snow, but absolutely very squishy on dry/warmer days. But, they were dirt cheap and overall I'm happy with them.

For the price of installing adjustable coilovers and all that ... you could probably just buy an old beater 4x4 pickup

There are 1" aluminum lift spacers out there somewhere I remember seeing, as well.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12