Looking for Dirt Roads and/or Open Pavement
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking for Dirt Roads and/or Open Pavement within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Just looking to see if anyone knows of anywhere in Jersey (preferably along the coast) where there is just an ...

Looking for Dirt Roads and/or Open Pavement

Just looking to see if anyone knows of anywhere in Jersey (preferably along the coast) where there is just an open piece of abandoned pavement or a really nice dirt road or field or quarry that I can sneak into and just get my car a little sideways and have some fun.

By me there is a relatively big parking lot (see "Camp Evans, Wall NJ" in google) that is no longer in use as a parking lot that is a ton of fun in the snow and when it rains, but it's out in plain sight and you cant mess around there for too long or the police are going to be there making sure that you understand the severity of your crimes against the pavement and the publics' tranquility.

I am always scouring Google Earth and just driving around NJ for prospective places but so far to no avail.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Parking lots? I'd say bad idea for your differentials unless there's snow on the ground. As for gravel or dirt open areas, I'd suggest mud-flaps first if you do not have them because your car will get beat pretty badly depending on how severe you drive; Especially if it's on gravel.

After that, I'd look for the Pine Barrens meet thread, I've considered following the route they used with a friend or 2 on the weekend for fun, but have yet to. Other then that, I'm not very sure.

P.S. If you want your car to be more off-road capable, and don't mind losing street-performance, you can get a small lift, and bigger tires, to add an inch or so to your clearance, then you can get a permit and take it on beach's around you in the off-season. (slashing through sand sounds like a terrible idea to me for a car though)

(Don't take my word 100% for this, but I believe Tony (xFallenx) once mentioned at a meet that it would be cool to get a small lift and bigger tires just to make it a tad more off-road capable.

Or, spend some doe and possibly come out an incredible driver, DirtFish Rally School

Just ordered my mud flaps, and I have been looking into either lifting the car or getting adjustable shocks to allow for a little more height if I needed it, either way thanks for the heads up. Also I know they are associated with ford, but the Team O'Neil Rally school up in vermont is way closer than Washington.

Team O'Neil Rally School & Car Control Center

Quote Originally Posted by TheGary View Post
    Just ordered my mud flaps, and I have been looking into either lifting the car or getting adjustable shocks to allow for a little more height if I needed it, either way thanks for the heads up. Also I know they are associated with ford, but the Team O'Neil Rally school up in vermont is way closer than Washington.

Aaah, didn't realize there was one in Vermont. Well, if I went I'd do the longest one, and make a little vacation out of it

Exactly!

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGary View Post

+1 for Team O'Neil.. Never thought I'd have so much fun driving a Ford Fiesta, but it's freaking awesome!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.