wrx or street bike
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx or street bike within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; hello im new to the forum and am currently driving a 2004 mustang gt i love the car cause i ...

wrx or street bike

hello im new to the forum and am currently driving a 2004 mustang gt i love the car cause i didnt pay for it my parents bought me it for my 17th birthday day the only thing i hate is its automatic =( i love wrx's my co work has a 2011 nd he loves it nd i just drove my buddies 07 with about 15k in work nd instantly fell in love with the car its getting to the warm weather again and want something really fun to drive and will always put a smile on my face and im debating on getting a street bike like a R6 cbr 600 along those lines or a 06 wrx and wondering if i do go with the car what would the mileage should be around nd what i need to look for on a wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    boff

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Banned
    Seriously? If all you're looking for is something that's fun to drive, then get the street bike, there's no competition. If you want something you can drive everyday, sunshine, rain, or snow and still have a little fun, then get the WRX. As far as used cars go, anything with 10k miles a year or less would be ideal.

Like Rex said, if you're just looking for something fun to drive get the bike. I used to have an '06 gsxr 600. There is almost no comparison between a bike and car. I could just think about riding my bike and i would have a smile on face.
    Don't get me wrong, i love my wrx and i am happy with the decision i made to sell the bike to get the wrx. If you can afford your current car and bike go with that, if you're car is not needing alot of repairs.
    The bike is a fair weather 'vehicle'. Add in costs of gear to wear while riding too. Gear is not cheap and can save you're life and/or keep you from ripping your skin off when you go down. (I say when because you should not ride your bike not expecting to go down)
    The bike is also not something to take lightly. I don't know if you have ever ridden a bike, but they are dangerous. Very fun, but dangerous. I can't count how many time I almost got hit because someone didn't see me. Always be aware. I miss my bike everyday, but i believe i made the better choice.
    IMO, it comes down to can you afford the current car and bike. Or would you rather have a better car that will probably last longer. All we can do is give info, you're decision.

I Support ClubWRX
    Street bikes are fun though in this area NY, NJ, CT the price of insurance is way to much for getting to use it for at most 6 months out of the year.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Im currently having the same issue deciding too. I have a 99 civic with looooow miles, and i want to get a wrx so bad, but a bike i think will be better in the long run. With a bike you can use your car alot less, saving gas and miles. Whereas if you get a wrx and make payments, insurance, and gas adds up. I might get a bike and keep it for afew seasons so that in a couple of years i can save a sh*t ton of money and get a brand new wrx or maybe an STI!!!
    Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Street bikes are fun though in this area NY, NJ, CT the price of insurance is way to much for getting to use it for at most 6 months out of the year.
    Just get liability and you will be all set :P

I Support ClubWRX
    From the comments in here it doesn't sound like either of you should get a bike. Especially the bikes listed. Those are not for newbs.

I Support ClubWRX
    I fully agree with T0rque. Chose life.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Im not looking at super sports. I am to conservative to start off on a s.s.
    I will be getting an fz6r, not to slow so i wont grow out of it anytime soon. However it is not fast by any means. :P

I dont want to die before i get an STI!!!! XDDD

I Support ClubWRX
    Guys, Joey Dunlop died on a 125 cc. I'd not worry about... outgrowing anything.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I like there being metal between me and potential personal injury.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    An FZ6 is a detuned upright R6

Like everyone said, don't get a high-powered street bike. An R6 is not for someone without any experience, let alone any 600cc and up bike. I'm getting into riding again and I'm about to buy a Ninja 250r. Maybe an R6, Honda, or Suzuki in a few years when I move to somewhere warmer. You should check out some 250cc bikes or lower. Something like a Honda CBR250r or a Ninja. You can easily gain your money back when you sell it to upgrade to a more powerful bike.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.