wrx or street bike - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on wrx or street bike within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I have grown up on quads so i no how to ride nd my car is fully paid off and ...

I have grown up on quads so i no how to ride nd my car is fully paid off and im still under my parents insureance so its dirt cheap nd if i do get a rex i would be keeping my car and i was looking around whats the differnece between the 2.0 and the 2.5 like reliabilty nd power wise

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Paso, Saarinen, and Dunlop knew how to ride even better, and made history despite not being on their parents' insurance, yet one day the luck ran out. It invariably ends in tears.

For the 2,0 vs 2,5 question, Subaru isn't all that innovative so prefer the larger motor for output. See the link in my signature for more mod info but if you ever get a chance, tell anyone that'll listen at Subaru that increasing displacement to get out of a bind is just so "20th century"...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by STIdreamn View Post
    I actually did take the classes. Besides killing my hips on a 250 rebel (6'4") lol, I really enjoyed it. I aced the written and got an even 100 on the riding portion. I then talked to the instructors, one was only about 37, the other was about 60. I asked them what they thought of the fz6r and even s.s. bikes. They told me that a 600 would be a great bike believe it or not. The only thing they repeated was just to always control myself. They then proceed to shake my hand and wished me the best of luck with getting the bike. Both of them were very nice and it made my learning more enjoyable.
    Then you're on your way! Just keep the mature attitude of "I am not invincible" while riding, and your head on a swivel, and always assume someone doesn't see you and WILL run your ass over, and you're good. I don't see any qualms with a 600 of some sort for a first bike. A 250 is just silly IMO. You'll be so bored of that thing in about 3 days time, especially if you're bigger in stature. I had a Honda CB900F for my first bike. It was similar to an Fz6R in that it was more ergonomic sort of a sport bike...naked streetfighter style. But it basically had a 900cc CB900RR engine in it toned down a little bit, and I was perfectly fine handling that. Can't say it enough, just be smart
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Just be careful. A 250cc can kill the rider just as easily as a 1200cc. I'm glad I didn't have a motorcycle when I was 17; I might not be typing this right now had I purchased one.

That being said, a bike is a completely different experience from a car, and in many ways much much more fun.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by painfulchubby View Post
    Like Rex said, if you're just looking for something fun to drive get the bike. I used to have an '06 gsxr 600. There is almost no comparison between a bike and car. I could just think about riding my bike and i would have a smile on face.
    Don't get me wrong, i love my wrx and i am happy with the decision i made to sell the bike to get the wrx. If you can afford your current car and bike go with that, if you're car is not needing alot of repairs.
    The bike is a fair weather 'vehicle'. Add in costs of gear to wear while riding too. Gear is not cheap and can save you're life and/or keep you from ripping your skin off when you go down. (I say when because you should not ride your bike not expecting to go down)
    The bike is also not something to take lightly. I don't know if you have ever ridden a bike, but they are dangerous. Very fun, but dangerous. I can't count how many time I almost got hit because someone didn't see me. Always be aware. I miss my bike everyday, but i believe i made the better choice.
    IMO, it comes down to can you afford the current car and bike. Or would you rather have a better car that will probably last longer. All we can do is give info, you're decision.
    I completely agree! The costs of owning my bike, and the limited weather options/time to ride pushed me in the direction to sell my bike to get my wrx.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STIdreamn View Post
    I actually did take the classes. Besides killing my hips on a 250 rebel (6'4") lol, I really enjoyed it. I aced the written and got an even 100 on the riding portion. I then talked to the instructors, one was only about 37, the other was about 60. I asked them what they thought of the fz6r and even s.s. bikes. They told me that a 600 would be a great bike believe it or not. The only thing they repeated was just to always control myself. They then proceed to shake my hand and wished me the best of luck with getting the bike. Both of them were very nice and it made my learning more enjoyable.
    Sounds to me like you have the right attitude, getting the training was a very good start. As others have said, it isn't the bike it is the rider, be mature and drive safe. In addition, other people on the road need to be watched closely. Not only do you need to consider the fact that they don't see you (always a good mantra), but also some of them will see you and not respect you. Don't forget there are many bikers who give riders a bad name. They are the ones who drive unsafely and put themselves and others on the road at risk. Don't be that guy; don't be a squid.

All that being said, you are taking a bigger risk every time you get on a bike vs. in a car. Ride safe, wear proper equipment and you take much or most of the risk out of the equation.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Quote Originally Posted by ea126405 View Post
    Sounds to me like you have the right attitude, getting the training was a very good start. As others have said, it isn't the bike it is the rider, be mature and drive safe. In addition, other people on the road need to be watched closely. Not only do you need to consider the fact that they don't see you (always a good mantra), but also some of them will see you and not respect you. Don't forget there are many bikers who give riders a bad name. They are the ones who drive unsafely and put themselves and others on the road at risk. Don't be that guy; don't be a squid.

All that being said, you are taking a bigger risk every time you get on a bike vs. in a car. Ride safe, wear proper equipment and you take much or most of the risk out of the equation.
    So much this. Always wear your proper gear. None of the retards without shirts and in sandals and no helmets (I know FL and PA both don't mandate helmets, which is so stupid).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    no helmets
    Bill Ivy was killed this way, casually coasting back to the paddock at the Sachsenring with his helmet off. The motor seized, he was thrown, and that was it. Terrible.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks everybody for the advice. I already have my full leather jacket picked out and a full face D.O.T. helmet. As all of you has said just what my dad, stepdad, mom, instructors, everyone, haha I will be safe. It only takes that one tool that is switching lanes in his wannabe sports car, or the innocent person that just missed me in their mirrors. Not to blow smoke up my a**, but I am proud of myself at how per pressure doesn't effect me at all. Death is a horrible thing, and I will try my best to be the best I can on a motorcycle so that the risk of dying is a little less.

I Support ClubWRX
    I downloaded a game for iOS called Street Rider, it's great fun. You can customize your bike and leathers (incidentally, always wear leathers - they help protect car bumpers). You can use NOS and points are earned for each close call with a car or truck. After every wreck a med bill is given; I hit $700,000 one time. Plus the wrecks are all slow mo replays. My character flew into a road sign after clipping a semi etc. Good fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.