newbie question about stock headunit

This is a discussion on newbie question about stock headunit within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hello all! I've had my 2012 wrx for a couple days now and I love it. There's one little problem ...

newbie question about stock headunit

Hello all! I've had my 2012 wrx for a couple days now and I love it. There's one little problem I'm having with the base model head unit though.

Whenever I have my iPhone (Jailbroken 5.0.1) hooked up to the usb cable and paired using bluetooth, it wont allow more than a second of music to play before it automatically pauses. Is there an in car solution to this or would I have to find an app or tweak on cydia to do this from the phone. I've seen 2 apps that will disable a2dp on the phone but I'd like to know of any solutions other drivers have found to work.

I've search the forum and google for an answer and I haven't found anything that really solved the problem and the only reason this is a problem is because I'd rather not have the battery run dead while bluetooth is on and is streaming, so I'd rather just have the music go through usb. Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Just get a charger from 5 below and stream through a2dp or upgrade the stock head unit. The sock one is not the best but people say its better then upgrading the speakers
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I found an app on cydia that disabled a2dp which worked perfectly but then i updated to 5.1.1 on the iPhone because the new jailbreak was released. But of course the app doesn't work for me anymore haha. I'm definitely upgrading the HU soon though. For now, I'm just gonna stream over bluetooth like you said. Thanks for the response though!

And Im definitely going to check out fivebelow since theres a store right in paramus.

And I just realized youre the person that liked the first picture of my wrx on instagram! haha the white 2012 at liberty if you remember from a while ago. random but just wanted to throw that out there
    Last edited by jr4594; 05-27-2012 at 12:25 AM.

just an update for anyone who was having the same problem with me. the developer of the app that disable a2dp has updated it for 5.1.1 when jailbroken.

I have the same problem with connecting it through the USB. I connect it over bluetooth and stream then get a charger and plug it in so the battery doesnt get wasted. The USB always pauses and I have not found an answer either

I have the same problem too.
    2012 DGM WRX sedan

I had the same problem with my h/u. My solution was look on Craigslist find a used iPod for cheap and just use that. Found a used 160gb one for like 80$ and just keep it in the center console.