south jersey car meet place ^_^ - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on south jersey car meet place ^_^ within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by markhit Well id start it just on here, subarus only and if any outsiders come we could ...

Quote Originally Posted by markhit View Post
    Well id start it just on here, subarus only and if any outsiders come we could just tell them not to be dbags and just hang out, and mikie13 are they all Subaru groups that are listed in your signature?
    That's the way to be...Subaru meets, but open to everyone. That's what our Victory Meets turn out to be. We get a Mazda or two, couple Minis, and an Evo here or there and they like/respect Subarus. Yes they are all groups, specific to ClubWRX...check out the Off-Topic section and search, you'll find them. They are good for general mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by STORMTRP2012 View Post
    Reading this thread makes me even happier I joined the Subaru family. You guys really sound like a cool bunch who genuinely enjoy these cars instead of beating on them and performing douchebaggery. Coming from a Corvette I can tell you that a good friend of mine sold his 1993 White LT1 C4 because he got fed up with the crowd. Tired of the who's got the Bigger D!ck mentality. Know he's building a hot rod some 1930s Ford, I should have told him to get a Subaru! It's a shame though his vette was sweeeeet. With that being said I'm totally down for a BBQ, hell I'll bring some burgers and beer! I'm in Rockland County, it borders Northern Bergen County NJ. Theres a few good spots over by me, Bear Mountain ( epic for driving ) Rockalnd lake, and seven lakes drive off of the Palisades Parkway. keep me posted, I want in!
    I know your area well...went to college up there and have a few friends in Rockland County as we speak!

haha, im real happy i joined the Subaru family as well the Subaru family doesnt seem like a bunch of dbags like honda drivers, honda drivers have their loud muffler contest to see who has the loudest because they think it makes it go faster, but i havent seen one dbag Subaru person and hopefully keeping it that way ^_^

but anyway, most of us live in South NJ, and if you want you could always come down early in the morning for the meet and just hang out, theres quite a few meets down here in NJ, but i would hate to waste your time/money/gas on coming down here for nothing that big D:

but im planning to set up a few meets in that empty parking lot and have a bbq and sheesh

it also surprises me that vette owners compete with each other like the honda drivers do... thats a shame he had to sell it, and he so shoulda came to Subaru, cant get any better than a Subaru ^^
    I know xFallenx (Anthony) kinda runs a meet every other Wednesday on Rt. 70 in Marlton...he gets a fair crowd out. There's a thread around somewhere with it's info. But a cool NJ BBQ type meet would be awesome. I am a grillmaster, so I especially love that idea.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how could i join these groups?
    and you could be our BBQer, since i dont know how to BBQ haha, and ya i saw the one in Marlton, and theres also one in Mt. Laurel in a starbucks parking lot

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That's the way to be...Subaru meets, but open to everyone. That's what our Victory Meets turn out to be. We get a Mazda or two, couple Minis, and an Evo here or there and they like/respect Subarus. Yes they are all groups, specific to ClubWRX...check out the Off-Topic section and search, you'll find them. They are good for general mayhem

I know your area well...went to college up there and have a few friends in Rockland County as we speak!

I know xFallenx (Anthony) kinda runs a meet every other Wednesday on Rt. 70 in Marlton...he gets a fair crowd out. There's a thread around somewhere with it's info. But a cool NJ BBQ type meet would be awesome. I am a grillmaster, so I especially love that idea.
    How far / long of a drive in NJ is that from my neck of the woods? I'm always down for a nice ride

Mikie, I was born and raised in Rockland I went to Clarkstown North HS graduated in 04 or 03 I forget. Who do you know here?

how could i join these groups?
    and you could be our BBQer, since i dont know how to BBQ haha, and ya i saw the one in Marlton, and theres also one in Mt. Laurel in a starbucks parking lot
    Hmm which Starbucks I'm wondering...I work in Mt. Laurel, near a Starbucks.

How far / long of a drive in NJ is that from my neck of the woods? I'm always down for a nice ride

Mikie, I was born and raised in Rockland I went to Clarkstown North HS graduated in 04 or 03 I forget. Who do you know here?
    To get down to Marlton would be near 3 hours for you (maybe 2 and a half)...and that's without traffic. I knew some people from college (William Paterson U in Wayne, NJ). They were from Nyack specifically.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

STORM, I live right in Bergen County. Montvale so literally I'm neighborhing rockland county, believe it or not I'm on Rockland Electric. I am a member at Rockland Country Club if you are firmiliar with that. I've been to one of anythony's meets, deff a cool crowd of people. I personally don't know if it is worth the drive all the way out, I ended up driving down to my beach house on Chadwick Island and i drove to it from there, which was only about an hour ride each way. But a closer alternative, (cough cough, deff not as friendly of a crowd as Anthony's meets consist of, but theres a meet close to us on Route 17 in Ikea 2nd story of the garage, Sat nights at 8. Let me know if you'd like to roll out sometime.

Mikie13, the Starbucks near the Wegmans

how do i get a picture btw?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    STORM, I live right in Bergen County. Montvale so literally I'm neighborhing rockland county, believe it or not I'm on Rockland Electric. I am a member at Rockland Country Club if you are firmiliar with that. I've been to one of anythony's meets, deff a cool crowd of people. I personally don't know if it is worth the drive all the way out, I ended up driving down to my beach house on Chadwick Island and i drove to it from there, which was only about an hour ride each way. But a closer alternative, (cough cough, deff not as friendly of a crowd as Anthony's meets consist of, but theres a meet close to us on Route 17 in Ikea 2nd story of the garage, Sat nights at 8. Let me know if you'd like to roll out sometime.
    That sounds like a mandate to me just depends on how much I get done on saturday. I plan on adding a few things to my car. I just got her tinted today 20% all around, picking her up on my lunch break. How's the crowd @ Ikea? I've heard of Rockland Country Club before I forget what it really is about though. if anything there's always next saturday :thumbs up:

Mikie13, the Starbucks near the Wegmans

how do i get a picture btw?
    Ahh yeah that's right by where I work. That's the one I thought you were talking about.

Top right of the page, click on "Settings"...then on the left when the page redirects you, there will be a link for "Edit Avatar"...you'll be able to figure it out from there

I'll be in North Jersey tomorrow. Passaic County actually. Chillin in the Butler Area for a buddy's BBQ.

That sounds like a mandate to me just depends on how much I get done on saturday. I plan on adding a few things to my car. I just got her tinted today 20% all around, picking her up on my lunch break. How's the crowd @ Ikea? I've heard of Rockland Country Club before I forget what it really is about though. if anything there's always next saturday :thumbs up:
    Crowd at Ikea is varied. The time I went there were about 20 cars, but about 5 groups of people chatting, which I didn't like all that much. When I went to Anthony's meet in Marlton, we all stood in a group and talked together, no one was left out of the conversation, etc. I think this is much better for the community growth then groups of 3-4 kids all over. The Rockland County Club is a Golf Course. It's private membership, has a big clubhouse where you can go out to eat, a pool and padio for the members in the summer, and an 18 hole golf course.....for golfing hahaha

Also, in an older post you had mentioned 7 lakes off of palisades parkway, I'm wondering if you have ever been to Cheesecote state park? it is right off exit 14 goin north, u make a left off the exit and its about 300 yards down the road on the left. Fun jeep trails there, nothing really for the Subi but a gravel path around the lake, but a great place to take some pics, and definitely a good place to have a meet, u follow a mile windy road through the woods (if u look at GPS when ur on the road, it says ur in the middle of a grass field) then get to the top of a mountain with a lake in the middle.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Crowd at Ikea is varied. The time I went there were about 20 cars, but about 5 groups of people chatting, which I didn't like all that much. When I went to Anthony's meet in Marlton, we all stood in a group and talked together, no one was left out of the conversation, etc. I think this is much better for the community growth then groups of 3-4 kids all over. The Rockland County Club is a Golf Course. It's private membership, has a big clubhouse where you can go out to eat, a pool and padio for the members in the summer, and an 18 hole golf course.....for golfing hahaha

Also, in an older post you had mentioned 7 lakes off of palisades parkway, I'm wondering if you have ever been to Cheesecote state park? it is right off exit 14 goin north, u make a left off the exit and its about 300 yards down the road on the left. Fun jeep trails there, nothing really for the Subi but a gravel path around the lake, but a great place to take some pics, and definitely a good place to have a meet, u follow a mile windy road through the woods (if u look at GPS when ur on the road, it says ur in the middle of a grass field) then get to the top of a mountain with a lake in the middle.
    I smell a future BBQ / Meet in the making... 7 lakes and Bear Mtn are awesome for driving, excellent views and there's Perkins memorial lookout on top of bear. Usually an abundance of bikers and the occasional Hot Rod / car enthusiast. It would be awesome to see 10-20 Subis roll through like a pack of Bikers, Boxer rumble and all

I would also like to join this. Would anyone be up for meeting in the Deptford area one night?

As previously stated I do/used to run a meet out in Marlton, but as of right now, we put the meet on hold for a few reasons. I had tons of interest in the meet and people always saying they would come out, and then it would be the same 5-10 of us every night. To be honest, if I'm going to hang out with 5-10 friends, we might as well just go to a bar instead of standing around a parking lot lol.

Every week, between here and NASIOC, I'd have at least 20 people saying they would come out, plus more if you include friends of friends and other people that have just heard about the meet, but only 5-10 would show up....Why? I don't exactly know.

It also got to be a huge burden on me every week to hit everyone up and see who was coming, and people would always text/call me and ask "how many people are coming out?" honestly, that gets pretty annoying. Our meets were so much fun when we had a lot of people out, but it seems like everyone around south jersey wants a meet, but no one wants to actually commit to it.

As of this moment we have decided to put the meet on a hiatus and try to rethink how we can make it better (change location, change day, change frequency, ect) but this month almost all of us who started the meet are going on vacation so we can't meet up lol.

If anyone else would like to start up a meet, you have my support and I'll be there with friends....the thing about our meet that was so great was 1) after 2 seasons, not one police officer ever stopped up to talk to us 2) we had NO "riff-raff" at out meets, ever....every person to attend was a true car enthusiast and was open to talking about anything 3) people were extremely respectful and followed all of our rules.

I will say that I will not attend a meet where people are driving around like a-holes with music blasting, people trying to race, fights, littering, ect....
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I sent you a pm

replied good sir
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Tony, your meet was one of the best I've been to. That being said, I wasn't there that long at all, and I also drove about an hour and 15 to meet. The first reason I liked it was, everybody was in one consulting group, at other meet's I've been to, there were about 10 diff groups of people, I don't like this because you can miss out on what others are talking about, and also you have people with different mind-sets and idea's. Meaning, one group of 5 kids could be planning to, 'show everyone how much sicker their cars are' and start doing idiotic stunts, or one group of kids bashing someone's car and making them feel unwelcome.

Reasons I only attended one time : I'm a highschool student, and being that I live in Montvale NJ, The 3 hour ride there, then 3 hour ride home isn't worth it on wednesdays. If you by-chance switched to a Friday or Saturday, I'd be more then happy to make the 1 hour trip there and 1 hour trip back to my beach house (which is a bit closer, and I nearly go down every weekend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.