Philly Strikes...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Philly Strikes... within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Car was broken into today when I was parked at Wissahickon train station today. Window bashed in, interior all scratch ...

Philly Strikes...

Car was broken into today when I was parked at Wissahickon train station today. Window bashed in, interior all scratch up, cloth seats scratched/ripped, accessport stolen , gps stolen

Overall a lot of stuff were stolen, the most being the accessport and my gps. Not one of my best days...
    Last edited by tommy_c; 03-26-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh and on a whim... if any fellow Philly subbies out there see a Cobb AP for sale with no cd, wires, etc. its probably mine and if you could let me know when you see it at 9089387638 I would appreciate it. Its married to my car so it'd probably do you no good but just in case.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Wow dude...That's Sh*tty and makes me pretty mad

Sorry to hear it. I'll keep an eye out on craigslist and let you know if anything comes up. I'm guessing that your loss is greater than your deductible, so you can recover some of the cost??

Did you have the AP and GPS out in open view? Just curious..
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Thanks... I am actually really good with leaving stuff out. My ap and gps were all nicely hidden and tucked away from view. They were both in the arm rest storage. My deductible is $200 and the damages are definitely more so we'll see the outcome. I'm scheduled to meet an agent Thursday.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Damn, maybe somebody saw them out one time and followed you...who knows. Still sucks, but its good your deductible is only $200. Makes me think again about reducing my $500 deductible.

I'll be moving from Bucks County to the Media area before too long. We should meet up over the summer.
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Sounds good, hopefully I'll have an AP by then to flash to stage 2 but this little incident is gonna bite into my savings a bit.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    They should buy your accessport and gps as well

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    They should buy your accessport and gps as well
    I hope they would cover it but they made it pretty clear that hardwired items (ie. not loose within car) will not be replaced by insurance. Renters might but I stupidly do not have renters insurance.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry to hear.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

So it looks like I got squeezed into a slot on Wednesday for the adjuster to view the car. Hopefully they can take the car in that day or else I'll have to wait till they can get my parts and start. Some of the interior trim needs to me replaced so I hope it's not too long. My cloth seats are all scratched and have cloth fibers loose so idk why they can do about that.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Got some really good news today...

So I called Cobb to ask about getting another AP when my car is already flashed with an AP map. The rep told me basically if I were to get a new AP, I can install it into my car and it'll just overwrite the map I have on the car to sync with the new AP. Even better news is that I can send the guys there a copy of the police report from yesterday and if it shows my AP was an item on the report that was stolen (and it is) I can buy a new AP from them for half price! Super excited that they have a policy like that in place. Though $300 is still quite the hit, it is surely better than buying an entire new set for $600.

Thanks Cobb!
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    Got some really good news today...

So I called Cobb to ask about getting another AP when my car is already flashed with an AP map. The rep told me basically if I were to get a new AP, I can install it into my car and it'll just overwrite the map I have on the car to sync with the new AP. Even better news is that I can send the guys there a copy of the police report from yesterday and if it shows my AP was an item on the report that was stolen (and it is) I can buy a new AP from them for half price! Super excited that they have a policy like that in place. Though $300 is still quite the hit, it is surely better than buying an entire new set for $600.

Thanks Cobb!
    Good to hear a little bit of good news in all this mess!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Sorry to hear about all this trouble and upset. Cobb cutting prices in half is phenomenal, but also doesn't the AC become married to the car, and have to be reset by them? I could be so off point and very very incorrect, and if so please excuse me, but don't you need to get in contact with them and whatever it requires to make the access port usable on another car. Well can't they record the vin or serial or whatever from the A/P and when someone calls to reset it get an address, name, etc? I may be really really wrong, but i just feel like somehow theres gotta be something more

The AP that is stolen is married to my car. I am reporting my serial number to Cobb so they will keep a record that my AP is stolen so when/if someone tries to get the AP unmarried by them, a big red flag will be raised.

What I was nervous about is that since my car is married to one AP already, I didn't know if getting another one would even work. Cobb reassured me that when I get a new AP all I would have to do is reinstall the AP to the car and it will overwrite my old AP information. The stolen AP still wont work even after I reprogram a new one so if anyone wanted to use it, they would have to go through Cobb and the serial number will come back as stolen and the owner of stolen item will likely have to deal with authorities because due to the price of an AP its not considered a petty theft.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

aahh, thats what i thought, never had one or used one though, so I wasn't sure what was required to "unmarry" it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.