Philly Strikes... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Philly Strikes... within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by tommy_c Nope. Geico indicated they do no cover stolen items in the car other than hardwired items. ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    Nope. Geico indicated they do no cover stolen items in the car other than hardwired items. I would have to go through home-owners or renters insurance to have those things covered. If my head unit was stolen then Geico would be the ones responsible for replacing it during this process.
    I would fight this. The cobb accessport is technically hardwired, it will brick your ecu if not unmarried so either way they can buy you a new ecu or a new cobb ap, which way do they want to flow?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    I would fight this. The cobb accessport is technically hardwired, it will brick your ecu if not unmarried so either way they can buy you a new ecu or a new cobb ap, which way do they want to flow?
    That is a very interesting note you brought up. I may call up Geico again to go over that detail and see what can be done. Any suggestions of how I should approach it?
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

I called my insurance and informed them the issue and they are looking into how this is going to handled. Bottom line the claims adjuster and his supervisor has final say so I just have to wait to hear back what the outcome is. Since my policy is in NJ, they have a different policy on items stolen, so I'll have to work around their guidelines. Luckily I feel my adjuster is a nice guy and will do his best out and hopefully I will get some form of reimbursement for the AP.

I'll be sure to update you guys on how this entire process goes. Now I have to dig up some reports of when I purchased the AP and stuff to prove to Geico of my ownership.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Received word... only getting $200 for that reimbursed item due to NJ policy on stolen items. If I was in any other state, VA for example, they can reimburse up to $1000 in personal items. Damn you New Jersey...

Oh well, thats $200 more than I would of gotten and now I need to only put forth $100 to replace for a new AP. Thanks again Bo for inspiring me to call the insurance again! And thank you everyone for the kind words and the look out for my stolen stuff. Happy Friday!
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

That's good to hear that they at least used lube when bending you over...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That's good to hear that they at least used lube when bending you over...
    HAHA I don't know why but I just saw this response now...

Ok, quick update:

There was a supplement on the original claim because more parts/work needed to be done (one including another window that needs to be replaced due to damage caused in the incident). Once again insurance is covering it all so that's one less to worry about. Downfall though is I'll have to wait another 5-6 days at least as they wait for parts to install. I'll also be getting a check from the body shop for the amount Geico estimated for re-tinting my windows. Looks like I'll be heading back to Shades of Gray after this is all done. Gah I'm getting so tired of my rental...
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Yeah...it didn't look that nice when I passed you. At least Progressive gave me a nice new Sonata.

Dude, for the record though, you're better off parking on the other side and not in the lots. Especially early in the morning when you get there, there is plenty of parking. The fact that you're closer to houses and such would probably help thwart criminals from breaking in.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Very true, I never thought about that. I never drive though, I typically walk but the day of the hulk-smashing on my window I was running late (again lol) so I thought it was a good idea. But now that I have a rental I said screw it and have been driving directly to the station. Once I get my car back I doubt I'll be driving to the station again. I would rather be late for work than keep my car in that lot. I'll remember check the residential streets next time I'm forced to drive my car there though.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

After a nice three week wait, I had the opportunity to pick up my car from the shop this morning. Let's just say there are certain things done by the shop as less than desirable. Knowing that the trim are all plastic I knew some damage may occur during installation but the amount I found was alarming. I also found several paint defects on areas that were not suppose to be painted (but were around the repair areas) so I've taken some pictures to send to my adjuster so that I can get the work properly redone sometime soon.

I suppose it's my fault for not giving it a proper look I over when I picked up the car. I didn't have to sign any paperwork about approval of repairs so I gave it a quick look over and rushed to get a train for work. I am definitely disappointed in the lack of care from the shop but I am very happy to get my car back...

I'll be sure to post up the pictures later today.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Damn that bad of some screw ups? That's unfortunate. Glad you can whip her around again

Yeah it seemed like it was just a lack of care during the glass removal process and the new trim installation. My passenger side speaker, the one mounted near the window/side mirror is hanging by a thread. Looks like when they removed/installed it they used too much force and may had broken a clip and just left it loose and hanging on the door. Its poor work that I did not expect from a 3 week job. Not sure if anything will be done but I've sent my adjuster all the photos and a list of things I found that were damaged post-repair so I'll have to wait and see. This situation has been getting more and more annoying at this point.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Car is going back into the shop tomorrow...

errr
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

What shop was this again?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Whitemarsh Collision in Plymouth Meeting.

They are a good shop, well respected... but the care they took with my vehicle was not up to par with me.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

I would say so!

That stinks man, after everything else especially.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast