Philly Strikes... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Philly Strikes... within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Yeah an "unmarried" AP just means it was uninstalled from the car so that it allows the next owner/car to ...

Yeah an "unmarried" AP just means it was uninstalled from the car so that it allows the next owner/car to access the install screen. You know you have an AP that is married when you plug it into another car and you don't see the install option, etc.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Car is now in the shop and quoted by Geico. Damages are estimated at $2700 in change and I pay a $200 deductible for it. Should be about a week or so before I get it back. For now I'm rolling in a Chrysler 200 till I get the rex back. Thumbs up for Geico's sevice!
    Last edited by tommy_c; 03-28-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Good news on the AP and coverage. Hope it all works out and your car is back to normal soon.
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

I Support ClubWRX
    sorry to hear about this. it makes me mad to hear things like this. i hope everything works out for you with the insurance.

Thanks guys. It's really a shame that people commit crimes like this. Though this situation caused a handful of problems this week, I'm just glad they didn't attempt to actually steal the car and ruin a whole mess of other things for me. I will definitely not be driving down and parking at the train station from now on. I should of been more aware of my surroundings and had seen there weren't any security cameras.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    $2700 include an ap and a gps?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    $2700 include an ap and a gps?
    Nope. Geico indicated they do no cover stolen items in the car other than hardwired items. I would have to go through home-owners or renters insurance to have those things covered. If my head unit was stolen then Geico would be the ones responsible for replacing it during this process.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Tell them you hardwired the AP into the car

Sorry to hear about this mess dude...to think, I live 3 blocks from there. That's ridiculous. I'll definitely keep an eye out for anything for you.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Tell them you hardwired the AP into the car

Sorry to hear about this mess dude...to think, I live 3 blocks from there. That's ridiculous. I'll definitely keep an eye out for anything for you.
    Haha Mike! I thought about that actually but it hardwired items only include items installed by the manufacturer. It sucks to know the neighborhood isn't as safe as we thought it was.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    Haha Mike! I thought about that actually but it hardwired items only include items installed by the manufacturer. It sucks to know the neighborhood isn't as safe as we thought it was.
    Its a nice area, but its close to real bad ones! Its only a ten minute drive for a career d-bag thief..

Pics!

Also, does the insurance consider replacing tint that was on the busted window?

Pics!

There have been a lot of smash and grabs in Manayunk lately. Just last week I was coming home Friday night from Main St. and Cops had Churchview St. blocked off. Cars on that street aren't by any houses at all, so they are just open to it. Cops were walking by checking all the cars on that street. Kinda starting to be glad I'm getting outta here at the end of June.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    Also, does the insurance consider replacing tint that was on the busted window?
    Yeah the dealership is replacing the window tint too. I actually left them Shades of Gray's business card so they knew who to get in touch with the tint. The guy there was actually looking for a reputable shop that is willing to do tints for vehicles coming out of the body shop so I recommended the guys at SOG. It may be a little bit farther out for them but they said they get a lot of cars that need need tints after they finish the work so it might be a good opportunity for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    There have been a lot of smash and grabs in Manayunk lately. Just last week I was coming home Friday night from Main St. and Cops had Churchview St. blocked off. Cars on that street aren't by any houses at all, so they are just open to it. Cops were walking by checking all the cars on that street. Kinda starting to be glad I'm getting outta here at the end of June.
    Churchview St. is too sketchy for me. I would be so nervous parking there with the amount of cars going up and down that hill on the little two-way. You're right, its too far from homes so its a prime spot for the low lives that steal from others. Once I get my car back I'll be safely parking it back into my spot and never parking at the station again. I'm also thinking about getting an aftermarket alarm that is a lot louder and shows me when its going off. I think Viper has something along those lines...

Mike, where are you moving to? One less subbie in Manayunk now... lol
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    Thanks guys. It's really a shame that people commit crimes like this. Though this situation caused a handful of problems this week, I'm just glad they didn't attempt to actually steal the car and ruin a whole mess of other things for me. I will definitely not be driving down and parking at the train station from now on. I should of been more aware of my surroundings and had seen there weren't any security cameras.
    Yeah, the more I thought about this I decided that either your car was targeted because it was in a particular spot that the dirtbag had scoped out as being out of view (I guess not of cameras, but maybe of other people) or simply because it stands out against all the beige out there so they thought "there's probably good stuff in there!"
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Shades of Grey does good work...that's a good hookup right there.

I'm moving to Mt. Laurel in NJ...I work in Moorestown, so I'll be working a mile and a half from where I will be living. Manayunk is getting way too childish (and now way too risky) for me...I have a ton of soccer stuff I keep in my car amongst other goodies. My car was already "broken into" on Fleming, right off of Roxborough Ave. parked outside of my buddy's house. I mistakenly left it unlocked. Apparently someone was rifling car doors to see if any were open. Two pair of $100+ sunglasses yoinked...my ipod cable, and a phone charger. That's it. ****ing idiots. I would love to bash that person's face in with a brick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.