Catless emissions in NJ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Catless emissions in NJ within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Win....

Win.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My 03 sedan is catless and it just passed NJ state inspection on Friday. All the tests are run from the ODBII port

I'll be in the clear then. I need to get this ****e done!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

FYI...guess I'll bump this thread with some helpful info.

So I ended up waiting almost a year until I finally got my emissions done in NJ. What a joke. I was catless with a loud ass Invidia G200 exhaust on it...running rich, smelling wonderful. I went to the Southampton emissions testing station on Rt 38 in South Jersey. Pulled up, they got in my car. Connected a scanner, checked it for 30 seconds, and it was good to go. I noticed as they proceeded forward in the lane, they drove over a camera that scoped out the undercarriage, obviously looking for catalyst equipment. The guy at my station did turn back and ask another guy "cats?" The other guy simply replied "Yeah, he had one of them racing cats...good to go." Scraped off my old overdue (by 6 months) PA stickers, and slapped a nice shiny new 2-year emissions approval on my STI. I was in and out of there in about 5 minutes flat.

Best part about it is...I have no cats. What did he see? The resonator in the midpipe of the Invidia catback. Perfect

So, pick and choose your emissions stations. I imagine some would be a lot more conspicuous about what legitimate cats look like and will give you hell for it. But here? Nope.

Well I still have 4 years to go until my car is due. But has anybody with 08 wrx/stis, who are catless, has had their car inspected yet? If so how did it go?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    Well I still have 4 years to go until my car is due. But has anybody with 08 wrx/stis, who are catless, has had their car inspected yet? If so how did it go?
    My buddy Zach just had it done on his 09 WRX (he's currently in Belgium, so he's not on here much). Full catless exhaust...same thing as my experience: in and out faster than a teenager's first sexual experience with no issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12