2011 Sti questions

This is a discussion on 2011 Sti questions within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey guys I'm new on the site and i don't really know if I'm posting this correctly but i need ...

2011 Sti questions

Hey guys I'm new on the site and i don't really know if I'm posting this correctly but i need some help. I'm looking to start modding my 2011 sti sedan. I wanna do simple stage 1 for now. Intake, CBE, & AcessPort. Just can you guys give me some ides on whats my best stuff to get. Like what intake and what exhaust should i go with? I like the cobb intake and air box just not sure if theyrs better out their. and i also like the invidia q300 and magna flow cbe's. Please give me more suggestions or what i should stick with or stay away form thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It sounds like you've already done some quality homework. Everything you've mentioned is good/reputable and a solid starting place for getting more power. Considering any suspension or brake upgrades?
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Banned
    personally i think down the road and going bigger so buy once, install once. i also dont think name brand is worth their price. you can get awesome stuff out there and not have to pay an arm and a leg for!

to me that means at least a 73mm intake. not sure what COBB is but i no AEM is only 66mm. id go with the KStech intake then if it was me.

CBE's are so over priced now a day and 99% of them are not true 100% grade A choice 304SS. its all chinese knock off 304SS so it is magnetic, will surface rust, so just get what you can afford. me for example wanted true full 3". at the time turbo xs was $450 shipped! but a lot only have the tips made for a 08-10 body style. just remember though all CBE's from 08 will fit your body style. on my 11 i just ended up buying 2 dual tips and replacing the singles so now it looks like i have a real quad tiped CBE for an 11. save some money, buy used, and buy one for an older year.

as for the AP again i like to save money. i can do more things and get more use out of Rom Raider computer program and a tactrix cable. the cables only $180 and the software is free. you just end up paying for a tuners map over the internet just like a COBB map for around $80. most tuners will include like 10 maps for different intakes etc so you get a nice combo of everything.

thanks man ya I'm just looking to do simple stage one and i really wanna do the front lip u have is urs spt? and idk yet about suspension or brakes how much did u spend on ur suspension and brakes? I'm not really looking to lower my car

ya i see what your saying but I'm not good enough with computers to install my own maps or still preset maps i would honestly rather pay a few hundred more and have the maps already their and i was also considering aem intake and i have never even heard of the one u suggested i really do appreciate the advice but i do prefer name brand stuff ya know. btw i am getting the cbe exhaust for nearly free, i have a good friend who is a exhaust salesman and he's hooking me up. So the exhaust isn't the issue i just didn't know wether which one to go with. i completely hate the honda "fart' sound and i have heard it on sti's, idk if it was from the el header or not but i want the mean subaru rumble with my car, but if u got any more advice lemme know

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    ya i see what your saying but I'm not good enough with computers to install my own maps or still preset maps i would honestly rather pay a few hundred more and have the maps already their and i was also considering aem intake and i have never even heard of the one u suggested i really do appreciate the advice but i do prefer name brand stuff ya know. btw i am getting the cbe exhaust for nearly free, i have a good friend who is a exhaust salesman and he's hooking me up. So the exhaust isn't the issue i just didn't know wether which one to go with. i completely hate the honda "fart' sound and i have heard it on sti's, idk if it was from the el header or not but i want the mean subaru rumble with my car, but if u got any more advice lemme know
    i see what you mean with computers. but in the end once you download RR and you flash the ecu its the same number of steps whether you use the AP comutper or a laptop. just click the map you want, hit flash, done.

i dont think EL headers sound like a fart can but maybe you do. EL though certainly will sound more civic/evo then UEL.

no more advice here. just get the parts, flash, be happy.

PS KStech is a subi only CNC guy that makes stuff for us. Matt goes above and beyond to make parts that no one else makes. like the 73mm, 83mm intakes, blow through pipes, air pump block off plates, a way to delete your TGV's with block off plates so any Joe Shmo can do it and doesnt have to weld. really good stuff! honestly everyone knows him.

KS Technology Home Page

ya i just gotta make up my mind cuz I'm absolutely sick of this stock tune and the car just falling on its face after 3k rpms lol

I did a decent amount of searching around before buying an intake or exhaust. Only got to see a few in person but that helps give you a good idea of what you like.

After reading your post I would suggest getting the Cobb AP. It's very easy to use and make adjusts with. You can use the stage 1 map without changing any parts on the car. If you want to use an intake with the Cobb maps you only have two choices which are the Cobb intake and AEM intake because those are the only 2 intakes Cobb provides maps for.

The cat back won't do anything but sound better until you add a downpipe. Then the car will really come to life. I personally have the AEM intake, Invidia catted downpipe, and Invidia Q300 using the Cobb stage 2 AEM map for 93 octane.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

what made u go with the AEM over the Cobb sf thats what i wanna know from like everyone lol like does one stand out more or is one just significantly cheaper? and ya i really like the q300.. btw how does the AEM sound and perform? ( by perform i mean power difference lol)

I Support ClubWRX
    These threads should give you some input on the topic of aem vs cobb

AEM vs. Cobb intake system questions

AEM cai or cobb sf intake?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

thanks man that helped a lot even though both are great products and do exactly the same thing lol but I'm def gonna go with cobb bc thats what i had stuck in my head for the longest