Request: 2009/2010 hatch SPT exhaust demo

This is a discussion on Request: 2009/2010 hatch SPT exhaust demo within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I'm a new owner of a 2009 hatch and I'm interested in a getting a different exhaust so I can ...

Request: 2009/2010 hatch SPT exhaust demo

I'm a new owner of a 2009 hatch and I'm interested in a getting a different exhaust so I can hear some rumble. I'd like to get something not obnoxiously loud, but with a smooth, deep tone. I've heard the SPT fits this bill, but I can't find any good examples of the sound on youtube. Also, you can't really trust what you hear on youtube to sound like it does in person. I was wondering if anyone near Philadelphia has a 2009/2010 hatch who with an after stock exhaust, preferably the SPT, so I can hear what it sounds like in person before I purchase one. If you'd be willing to meet up for a demo I'll buy you a beer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have some before and after vids of the spt exhaust.. but mine is on the 2010 sedan

First off, Welcome, congrats on the new car. Im sure you will love it.

To help you out, I was going to suggest going to a local meet and seeing what people have on their cars etc...best way to find out what you like. I see that you have already posted on the Victory Meet thread, so my suggestion is after the fact. I highly suggest you attend, not just to hear different exhausts, but they are A LOT of fun. I have gone 4 or so over the past 2 years. Bill (Sasquatch) puts on a great event. The whole day is very casual, there are no expectations from anyone, except to have fun. This should be a good one too, the ones in the beginning of the year usually have big turnouts.

Also, a few of us from the philly/NJ area meet up at the KOP rest stop on the turnpike on the way out to the park. I have basically been designated as the leader from there on (even my first time lol). You are more than welcome to join up and follow.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx
    I see that you have already posted on the Victory Meet thread, so my suggestion is after the fact. I highly suggest you attend, not just to hear different exhausts, but they are A LOT of fun.
    This.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    First off, Welcome, congrats on the new car. Im sure you will love it.

To help you out, I was going to suggest going to a local meet and seeing what people have on their cars etc...best way to find out what you like. I see that you have already posted on the Victory Meet thread, so my suggestion is after the fact. I highly suggest you attend, not just to hear different exhausts, but they are A LOT of fun. I have gone 4 or so over the past 2 years. Bill (Sasquatch) puts on a great event. The whole day is very casual, there are no expectations from anyone, except to have fun. This should be a good one too, the ones in the beginning of the year usually have big turnouts.

Also, a few of us from the philly/NJ area meet up at the KOP rest stop on the turnpike on the way out to the park. I have basically been designated as the leader from there on (even my first time lol). You are more than welcome to join up and follow.
    Definitely looking forward to the next Victory meet, I'll be there provided they don't have it on March 18th.

How often do you guys meet up at the rest stop? I'd be interesting in checking that out as well.

I've seen this video: 2009 Subaru WRX with SPT catback exhaust + Cobb Stage 2 - YouTube of a 2009 sedan with the SPT, and it's the best example I've heard yet, but the sedan has dual mufflers and the hatch only has one. That's gotta affect the sound a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neokane View Post
    I have some before and after vids of the spt exhaust.. but mine is on the 2010 sedan

Quote Originally Posted by chiron View Post
    Definitely looking forward to the next Victory meet, I'll be there provided they don't have it on March 18th.

How often do you guys meet up at the rest stop? I'd be interesting in checking that out as well.
    Sorry, I didnt explain that very well...we meet up before Victory meet so we can head over together. There used to be meets on Thursdays at the sonic in Bensalem, but I haven't gone in a long time. They werent subaru only meets, there were ALL types of cars.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"