CEL, autozone or Subaru?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on CEL, autozone or Subaru? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; i got a CEL, wanted to get it figured out today after school, where is best to go, Subaru or ...

CEL, autozone or Subaru?

i got a CEL, wanted to get it figured out today after school, where is best to go, Subaru or Autozone?
    will Subaru do it free and reset it, as will autozone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    will Subaru do it free and reset it
    Stranger things have happened I suppose.

If your car has a valid emissions warranty (read the manual, the emissions warranty in the US is typically longer than for any other component), then take it to a dealer, state in writing you have an emissions fault, and request in writing emissions warranty service.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Since your car is still under warranty take it to the dealer.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

i got it like 4 weeks ago brand new with 27 miles haha, this happened once before but i drove for 10 mins on the CEL (since i was already out, continued driving home) got home, waitied 15 mins, went back out, started it and the CEL was off and i could switch to sport sharp, etc, but this time it didnt go away. looks like ill be visiting the subaru near me after school

I Support ClubWRX
    Check your fuel cap first.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i did, thats not the issue, thank you for the advice tho

I Support ClubWRX
    You would let an Autozone touch your car?
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

i saw on a post someone said autozone does the check for free and resets it free. thats why im asking if subaru will do it, id much rather go there haha

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    You would let an Autozone touch your car?
    There's nothing wrong with them just checking a code...anything other than that, they are just a parts dealer. But on top of that, the Autozone by my house is actually really good with very knowledgeable employees.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    If they can't diagnose it and/or clear it, why have them read it? I'm not trying to be smartass; it just doesn't compute for me.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    If they can't diagnose it and/or clear it, why have them read it? I'm not trying to be smartass; it just doesn't compute for me.
    I dunno about you guys but 9 times out of 10 I need a goddamn appointment to get into service for any dealer near me, and it's never same day or without having to drop off at night and leave it or some crap like that. And if you get a CEL, there's more than likely an Autozone running around thats closer, easier to get to, and faster to pull a code. It's better to know what the code is than sit there in the dark without knowing, and perhaps blow your car up before you get to that dealer for an appointment cause you're still driving around with a code.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

went to the dealership, they started setting me up with an appointment, i said nvm ill call if i need one, left, stopped at an autozone on the way home, misfire in cylinders 3 and 4, gunna bring it to the dealership since its only 3 weeks old

There ya go...goodluck getting it sorted out!

I Support ClubWRX
    Setting you up with an appointment? It's a brand new at with misfires, you need a rental under your signed contract agreement and they need to fix it. You do not want to continue to drive that car with misfires and they should know better.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Setting you up with an appointment? It's a brand new at with misfires, you need a rental under your signed contract agreement and they need to fix it. You do not want to continue to drive that car with misfires and they should know better.
    +1. Who is your dealer?....just so I know not to go there.

Greg

Build Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.