bumper break light

This is a discussion on bumper break light within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; so i came across some link with a subaru, s206 i think its called? well it had a brake light ...

bumper break light

so i came across some link with a subaru, s206 i think its called? well it had a brake light right in the middle of the back bumper, i liked the looks of it, so in turn a looked it up online, found this :

STI JDM Rear Light Kit Subaru Sedan WRX / STI 2011 at RallySportDirect.com

so here are my questions, im very inexperienced, will this be easy for me myself to install? and 2nd, i want it just as a brake light, so when im not on the brake its off, how hard is it to attach to the brake lights

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    JDM Rear Brake Light/Fog Light Install for 2011 Sedan - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

That and many other mods can be found in the thread in my sig
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Sub I wana Do this sooo bad 8)

I Support ClubWRX
    I forgot to mention that this mod is illegal in some states.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

why is this mod illegal in some states? i dont see how it is harmful or dangerous, and is NJ one of those states?

I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure about NJ ,check your local laws.

Also a brake is something you use to stop your car.break is something that will happen to the car if your brakes don't work.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    $200 for a little red square brake light in your bumper?? Forget that. You could make one for 1/4 of that that looked identical
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

but its jdm yo...

lol.. jk.. honestly I dont see a reason for ANOTHER center mount brake light. But, opinions what they are.. to each their own. I wouldn't pay that much for one.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    If the car has the correct wiring for the rear fog lamp intact in the US version, that would be useful and something I'd fit onto my car. I would think the rear fog would come on with the same circuit as the front fogs.

They were smart, they fitted the rear fog in the middle and don't have to worry about where the car ends up or on which side the driver sits at that site.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Usually if it is wired to the front fogs that rear light burns brighter, otherwise it's just off. I would assume it is legal in NJ since I see stock Audis with that one by the rear plate all the time (don't quote me, remember what happens when you ass-u-me). At first I thought it was broken or something, but it just stays bright, about as much as the others when you apply the brakes.

Since most people drive around with their fogs on 24/7 it's mostly just annoying to the person behind, but I could see the practicality in it.
    Last edited by OakFF252; 11-29-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Usually the rear and front fog lights are on seperate switches.

Quote Originally Posted by jgardiner View Post
    Usually the rear and front fog lights are on seperate switches.
    They were separate on my e36 318i...

Funny thing about the rear fog light on Audis...I used to think people were morons and put in their brake light bulbs backwards
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    They were separate on my e36 318i...

Funny thing about the rear fog light on Audis...I used to think people were morons and put in their brake light bulbs backwards
    The rear fog light on the audi is retarded and just asks to get you pulled over since its only in one brake light and makes it look like one light is out. I use to have an audi and would never use it but just in case i had a letter from the dealership stating what the light was god forbid i ever got pulled over and hassled by the wonderful cops we have her in jersey
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

Quote Originally Posted by skudda33 View Post
    The rear fog light on the audi is retarded and just asks to get you pulled over since its only in one brake light and makes it look like one light is out. I use to have an audi and would never use it but just in case i had a letter from the dealership stating what the light was god forbid i ever got pulled over and hassled by the wonderful cops we have her in jersey
    The 3G 5-door is the same. The EDM rear fog light is basically the driver's side reverse light fitted with a red lens.