HELP WITH EXHAUST!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on HELP WITH EXHAUST! within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; ive had a 2011 WRX STi for about 2 or 3 weeks now, im begging to plan future mods for ...

HELP WITH EXHAUST!

ive had a 2011 WRX STi for about 2 or 3 weeks now, im begging to plan future mods for it, so my first mod i want to increase sound and "throaty'ness" in the exhaust, i was reading and came across a nameless axleback, i thought this was a good decision, can someone please show me where i can order one of these? and also, my car only has about 3,100 miles, should i wait to mod?

please feedback is very appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User streetfighterkz's Avatar
    I believe the only place to order the exhaust system is directly through Nameless' website. I don't think there are any other distributors.

An axle-back or even a cat-back won't do much except give you some sound. No reason why you can't do the mod regardless of mileage.

Later, Doug

I just ordered my Nameless Axleback, can't wait to get it. No performance gains just sound. Mileage shouldn't be an issue, I only have 2k on my wrx. Here is the site:

Nameless Performance Inc.
    2011 WRX 5dr
    1993 Supra TT : 71mm Turbo, full 4" exhaust, work in progress est. 800 rwhp ish

awesome, im pretty sure im gunna order one, it says muffler delete, thats the correct one right? and also, any other options for around the same price but louder?

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have a sedan?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

yea i have a 2011 sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    Then it is the muffler delete you are looking for.Louder,raspier,deeper are all very individual.You have to hear them in person to decide.

To answer your question there aren't many options available at that price.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

so you're sayin pretty much thats my best bet? and i like the sound like a 2-stroke like ken blocks haha, but im pretty sure that comes from removing the cat, and i wont pass inspection without a cat so im not doin that. i guess ill just order these for christmas and worry about a downpipe later on in the future

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Then it is the muffler delete you are looking for.Louder,raspier,deeper are all very individual.You have to hear them in person to decide.
    +1.

Personally, I don't dig the sound of the Nameless. Also, think ahead (about your end goal for the TBE) when buying any exhaust parts. This will save you 2 1/2" to 3" headaches later.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    so you're sayin pretty much thats my best bet?
    I did not say that .

I said you have to hear the exhaust in person to decide whether you like the sound.

But because you asked about the price,there aren't many options available for $300.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

hmm, okay, okay i hear ya, but for around 3 or 4 hundred that is a good choice do you think? lol sorry for all the questions and confusion, im new to the whole car thing haha i turned 17 on october 10th and got my sti about a week or so later so im really just starting to learn all the stuff, i know a decent amount, but have much much more to learn, and also, as im only 17, i dont hjave much money to throw around, i go to school all day and have no job haha so all the mod's im doin are really all just fallin on my dads credit card haha, he probably isnt too excited about that, especially since he just ordered me winter tires and a snowboard rack

I Support ClubWRX
    Must be nice. Tell your dad you love him, and get a Cobb TBE. ...man, I wish that's all I had to do.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

lol my dad had a corvette zr1, so he thinks a sports car can stay stock lol, he doesnt understand i got an STi to mod it! haha but idk if i wanna do a full turbo-back yet, besides i heard u sshould do an intake before a full exhaust because of backpressure or something? idk, so much stuff to learn, ahhhh!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    lol my dad had a corvette zr1, so he thinks a sports car can stay stock lol, he doesnt understand i got an STi to mod it! haha but idk if i wanna do a full turbo-back yet, besides i heard u sshould do an intake before a full exhaust because of backpressure or something? idk, so much stuff to learn, ahhhh!
    Don't believe everything you hear. TBE is far more important than an intake. Only the DP is needed for stage 2. In priority order, I'd say, 1) tune, 2) DP, 3) intake, 4) CBE. Can't go wrong.

Greg

Build Thread

DP= downpipe correct? sorry im still just learning all this stuff. and is a tune what the guy at the dealership was talking about? takes my turbo psi from like 14.2 to 20 something? etc.?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.