help!!!!!

This is a discussion on help!!!!! within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; this is way off topic but here it goes. i'm in desperate need of a job i know theres a ...

help!!!!!

this is way off topic but here it goes. i'm in desperate need of a job i know theres a ton of people out there in the same situation but if anybody has any connections in the north jersey orange county area i would really appreciate it. i lost my job about 3 weeks ago and have gone on 8 different interviews with no luck. I will take anything. i was previously a parts advisor at a honda dealership.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you want to send me your resume to look over for feedback I'm willing to do that to help you. If you've had 8 interviews though, I'm guessing your resume is pretty good.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

yeah that would be great i would really appreciate it. can i send it to your email address

KHP
    Gosh... Sorry to hear about your job loss. With so many jobless right now the field is very competitive. Make sure to try to set yourself apart. One good example I can think of is bring something you can show off to the potential employer. Let's say that you're interviewing for a dealership mechanic. Show off your car how well it's maintained how clean your engine bay is, etc... This will show them your attention to detail and some knowledge. I'm pretty sure employers get bored of just sitting in their office after rounds and rounds of interviews and even going though a ton of *good* resume's things must get boring. Remember everyone comes in with a resume so even that usually isn't enough to set a person apart.

I used a similar strategy and I was hired right on the spot. I was last to be interviewed and I guess I stuck out so far (in a good way lol) that they didn't take much to deliberate that I was the best fit for the position.

Good luck with the job search. I hope you find a new job soon.
    Last edited by KHP; 11-16-2011 at 09:18 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

thanks man that's a good idea. i am definitely going to try something out like that for the next one.