What ?!?! Winter Storm Warning! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48

This is a discussion on What ?!?! Winter Storm Warning! within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Washer filled with water - check Multiple other containers filled with water - check Flashlights / candles strategically placed - ...

  1. #31
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,514
    I Support ClubWRX
    Washer filled with water - check
    Multiple other containers filled with water - check
    Flashlights / candles strategically placed - check
    Firewood - check
    Plow on the Blazer - check
    Snowblowers tested - check
    Beer fridge stocked - check

    All my ducks are in a row. The snow just started sticking to the roads. I'm right on the border of 4-8 / 5-10" of accumulation (then again, meteorologists are still working on yesterdays forecast). I'm hoping for the former (or less)...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    30,904
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Washer filled with water - check
    Multiple other containers filled with water - check
    Flashlights / candles strategically placed - check
    Firewood - check
    Plow on the Blazer - check
    Snowblowers tested - check
    Beer fridge stocked - check

    All my ducks are in a row. The snow just started sticking to the roads. I'm right on the border of 4-8 / 5-10" of accumulation (then again, meteorologists are still working on yesterdays forecast). I'm hoping for the former (or less)...
    Wow, you are getting it bad. I did not try the snow thrower as it was pure slush. I also did not have it ready. :/

    Washer full of water?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  4. #33
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    By the looks of the radar and a peek outside it is finally tapering off. What I shoveled is still clear. It going all the way up to 42 with sun tomorrow. That should melt a fair amount of the slush. The average maximum and minimum temps this time of year are 60 and 39.
    Time and a half?
    The first 2.5hrs are straight time the other 10hrs are time and a half. We work 37.5 hrs a week. Thats why the first 2.5 hrs of OT is straight time.

    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Washer filled with water - check
    Multiple other containers filled with water - check
    Flashlights / candles strategically placed - check
    Firewood - check
    Plow on the Blazer - check
    Snowblowers tested - check
    Beer fridge stocked - check

    All my ducks are in a row. The snow just started sticking to the roads. I'm right on the border of 4-8 / 5-10" of accumulation (then again, meteorologists are still working on yesterdays forecast). I'm hoping for the former (or less)...
    My beer fridge is stocked right now, But I cant drink any when theres a chance to work. No snowblower for me. Snow shovel check. lol We were in the 4-8 range and only got
    4. Hpoefully thats a good sign for you.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  5. #34
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,514
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Washer full of water?
    We have a well at my house, which means if electricity goes out, you can't flush the toilet without something to replenish the water

    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878
    My beer fridge is stocked right now, But I cant drink any when theres a chance to work.
    That would suck. The only positive to my plowing/snowblowing/shoveling is I get to have a shower beer when I'm done.

    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878
    No snowblower for me. Snow shovel check. lol We were in the 4-8 range and only got 4. Hpoefully thats a good sign for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Wow, you are getting it bad. I did not try the snow thrower as it was pure slush. I also did not have it ready.
    I'm up in the hills, so we always get more snow than the city. I have to take care of 2-3 properties each storm (depends if my uncle has to work, because he doesn't get nearly the amount of time off us lazy civil service employees do).
    Last edited by EJ257; 10-29-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  6. #35
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    I am surprised that we didnt have more trees down and power outages. Which is a great tho.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  7. #36
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    30,904
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    We have a well at my house, which means if electricity goes out, you can't flush the toilet without something to replenish the water
    Ooh ... got it.

    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    I am surprised that we didnt have more trees down and power outages. Which is a great tho.
    Looks like I might keep power. The local online paper says the area just south of me has seen a fair amount of outages.

    More than a million are without in the Northeast. 1.5 million lose power during storm - Weather - msnbc.com This is October?!? Wow.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  8. #37
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,717
    I Support ClubWRX
    Fallen trees,downed power lines,snow & ice everywhere.And no power.Only consolation is that its a weekend.

    This is a lot worse than hurricane Irene.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 10-30-2011 at 06:38 AM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  9. #38
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Fallen tress,downed power lines,snow & ice everywhere.And no power.Only consolation is that its a weekend.

    This is a lot worse than hurricane Irene.
    That sucks.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  10. #39
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Looks like I might keep power. The local online paper says the area just south of me has seen a fair amount of outages.
    More than a million are without in the Northeast. 1.5 million lose power during storm - Weather - msnbc.com This is October?!? Wow.
    Thats alot of people to be without power and being cold out doesnt help either.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I'm up in the hills, so we always get more snow than the city. I have to take care of 2-3 properties each storm (depends if my uncle has to work, because he doesn't get nearly the amount of time off us lazy civil service employees do).
    That alot of work taking care of that much. The borough I live in called last year and told me about my sidewalks. I spent 2 days in a row at work. Every 12 hrs getting a 4hr break then back again. I told him why they werent cleaned yet. He told me clean them or see you at the district court. I understand when you dont have alot of time to do things like that.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  11. #40
    Registered User cheeseyfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Delco, PA
    Posts
    373
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Washer filled with water - check
    Multiple other containers filled with water - check
    Flashlights / candles strategically placed - check
    Firewood - check
    Plow on the Blazer - check
    Snowblowers tested - check
    Beer fridge stocked - check
    That is really organised!!! I managed
    guinness check,
    test guinness check.


    things got blurry after that.

  12. #41
    Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    762
    My area got nailed - everywhere trees are down, branches broken, and my neighborhood is without power still. My house is cold and no running water. I do have a generator and we'll make it with a bit of shivering and showering at friends, but the cleanup in the yard will be costly - lots of branches broken but well out of reach. The tree service companies will be working 24/7 for a while. They say we may have power by Wednesday. It's a good thing the temps are under freezing so our pipes aren't in jeopardy - it's just cold enough to be miserable!

    Fun, fun!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

  13. #42
    Registered User xFalleNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    4,016
    Wow....we got like almost nothing by me (Moorestown, NJ) and it's crazy that you got it so badly only a little north of me!

    The worst of it for us was a little bit of sleet with no accumulation at all. The roads were a little slippery, but nothing unmanageable.

    The worst part of the storm for me was coming home in it, some (words that would be asterisked out) guy in a pt cruiser decided that the speed limit wasn't fast enough decided to pass me over the double yellow and almost clipped me when he cut me off.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

    Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

    Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

  14. #43
    Registered User djclue8713's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Springfield, MA
    Posts
    566
    Just one of many roads in my town after this weekend's storm:


  15. #44
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    30,904
    I Support ClubWRX
    Some of western Massachusetts got 30+" of snow!

    NOAA's National Weather Service

    ...Historic Early Winter Storm Sets Records for Snowfall...
    Published: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 07:38:53 EDT
    The rare early-season winter storm that affected the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast over the weekend broke record snowfall totals for October. Communities in western Massachusetts were among the hardest hit, with snowfall totals of 32 inches reported in Peru, Mass., and 30.8 inches reported in Plainfield. Jaffrey, N.H., reported 31.4 inches. Dozens of locations from Virginia to Maine set daily snowfall records on October 29 and 30. New York’s Central Park recorded 2.9 inches of snowfall during the storm. This is the first time since records began in 1869 that an inch or more of snowfall has been recorded during the month of October. From January 1 through October 29, 65.75 inches of precipitation has fallen at Central Park — 24.10 inches above normal for the year to date — making 2011 the third wettest year on record.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  16. #45
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Some of western Massachusetts got 30+" of snow!

    NOAA's National Weather Service

    ...Historic Early Winter Storm Sets Records for Snowfall...
    Published: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 07:38:53 EDT
    The rare early-season winter storm that affected the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast over the weekend broke record snowfall totals for October. Communities in western Massachusetts were among the hardest hit, with snowfall totals of 32 inches reported in Peru, Mass., and 30.8 inches reported in Plainfield. Jaffrey, N.H., reported 31.4 inches. Dozens of locations from Virginia to Maine set daily snowfall records on October 29 and 30. New York’s Central Park recorded 2.9 inches of snowfall during the storm. This is the first time since records began in 1869 that an inch or more of snowfall has been recorded during the month of October. From January 1 through October 29, 65.75 inches of precipitation has fallen at Central Park — 24.10 inches above normal for the year to date — making 2011 the third wettest year on record.

    Holy crap.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •