Irene

This is a discussion on Irene within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Okay, so we're about to be metaphorically fcked up the ass by Irene... As far as I can tell, we ...

Irene

Okay, so we're about to be metaphorically fcked up the ass by Irene...

As far as I can tell, we personally are (by this model) only expecting about 75mph winds and about 1-1.5ft of rain this weekend (not including the storm currently hitting us)...

I'm heading up to college next tuesday - we're worried that we might have to leave a bit early so that we don't get totally flooded out and whatnot.

So, who's just a little bit concerned about this storm?
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

951mb. She's not quite there yet. I think the news are hyping this one up a good bit.
    Last edited by SamXp; 08-25-2011 at 01:37 PM.

hahahaha.. I dont want to hear worry coming from any of you not located dead in its path. You've nothing to worry about but some rain.

I'm wondering if my roof is going to stay on the house.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't take weather warnings lightly however hyped they are.The last time I did,I was young & stupid & Wilma happened.Going without power & food for a week is no fun.

All stores are out of lanterns & size D batteries.I had to go on Amazon & get one with 1 day shipping.I hope it gets here tomorrow.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

well, most models are predicting a pretty much direct hit for the jersey shore. I admit you're probably going to get it as a bit stronger a storm, but hey - a cat 2 is nothing to shake a stick at.

Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

I Support ClubWRX
    Almost forgot,gotta stock up on booze.What else can you do when the power is out.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

i'm on the south side of long island. should make for an interesting day.

I Support ClubWRX
    A tropical storm watch for my immediate area. This is a first for me.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ane-irene.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Irene02.gif  
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-25-2011 at 03:41 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Yeah, they've changed our area from grazing hit of a cat 2 to direct hit of a cat 1... here's to seeing what's going to happen...

I Support ClubWRX
    I personally am not worried a bit..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    I personally am not worried a bit..
    LMAO!! Yeah, Southern Oregon should be safe from this one....hahaha! I'm probably gonna go be one of those asses standing in line for a generator...since we bought this house a little over a year ago we've had about a dozen power outages, with a few lasting several days (last summer had 4.5 days without power). So, that being said, we're prone to losing power & personally don't feel like having to replace all the damn food I just put into the fridge & freezer. Just this past week we've had about 5 power interruptions due to all the thunderstorms. Also would be nice to make sure that the sump pump has juice when the **** hits the fan.
    03 Mazdaspeed Protege
    Currently:
    Custom SRI, Custom FMIC with HKS SSQV, GHL 3" down & midpipe with hi-flo cat, stock boost on Garrett T-25, crossdrilled & slotted rotors w/ stainless steel brakelines, Custom projector headlights w/ CCFL rings & LEDs, Reverse cowl CF hood, Prosport boost & water temp gauges, AWR motor mounts, NGK Powerdex Wideband O2, ....still more to come....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdaspeed pro View Post
    LMAO!! I'm probably gonna go be one of those asses standing in line for a generator....
    good luck finding a generator.I had a hard time finding a lantern & batteries
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

yeah, I know...gonna have to go tomorrow after work too, so will be even slimmer pickings then....sucks. Worst case I could order one online & eat the ~$100 freight pill, but probably wouldn't show up until Monday or Tuesday...LOL
    03 Mazdaspeed Protege
    Currently:
    Custom SRI, Custom FMIC with HKS SSQV, GHL 3" down & midpipe with hi-flo cat, stock boost on Garrett T-25, crossdrilled & slotted rotors w/ stainless steel brakelines, Custom projector headlights w/ CCFL rings & LEDs, Reverse cowl CF hood, Prosport boost & water temp gauges, AWR motor mounts, NGK Powerdex Wideband O2, ....still more to come....