Winter Set-Up - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Winter Set-Up within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by jgardiner Smaller diameter rims will not lower your car if you go with a higher profile tire. ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jgardiner View Post
    Smaller diameter rims will not lower your car if you go with a higher profile tire. For a 16" rim try and find a 70 series tire and you will gain ground clearance as well as have taller tire sidewalls for better bump absorbtion.
    I'd imagine there are (quality) high profile snow tires out there? I don't mind losing the performance if they are only going on the car for the winter months.

What would I need offset wise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I run a 55 instead of the stock 45.Gives you a bit more height.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Tire Rack has 17 and 18 inch wheels listed for the 2011 WRX, but if you select the Winter Tire/Wheel package, they recommend a 215/55R16, which has the same 25.3" diameter as the OEM 235/45R17's.

I think I'm going to try these 215/60R16's, though. 26.0" diameter (so 0.35" closer to fenderwell). I think with the narrower width, it might just fit.
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....WS70&tab=Specs
    Last edited by SamXp; 08-18-2011 at 01:47 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SamXp View Post
    Tire Rack has 17 and 18 inch wheels listed for the 2011 WRX, but if you select the Winter Tire/Wheel package, they recommend a 215/55R16, which has the same 25.3" diameter as the OEM 235/45R17's.

I think I'm going to try these 215/60R16's, though. 26.0" diameter (so 0.35" closer to fenderwell). I think with the narrower width, it might just fit.
    Bridgestone Blizzak WS70
    You can post all your questions about winter tire sizes here & it will be answered by Luke from Tire Rack.

The Winter Tire thread- all winter tire questions go here !!! - NASIOC
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgardiner View Post
    Smaller diameter rims will not lower your car if you go with a higher profile tire. For a 16" rim try and find a 70 series tire and you will gain ground clearance as well as have taller tire sidewalls for better bump absorbtion.
    Wonder if that will cause any fender rubbing.. I run 16" Dunlop WinterSport 3Ds in 205/55.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12