BRAND NEW 2011 WRX SIDE SWIPPED! NEED BODY SHOP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on BRAND NEW 2011 WRX SIDE SWIPPED! NEED BODY SHOP within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So tonight the worst thing happened. My brand new car side swipped in Manayunk, PA. If anyone knows a reputable ...

BRAND NEW 2011 WRX SIDE SWIPPED! NEED BODY SHOP

So tonight the worst thing happened. My brand new car side swipped in Manayunk, PA. If anyone knows a reputable body shop that can paint a WRB for my new 2011 please let me know. I prefer it to be in the Philadelphia/Central NJ area.

I am about to cry lol no lie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sucks to hear.

I don't know any body shops in the area,but skudda33 might.His car was in a mishap & had bodywork done.PM him.My Poor Baby!!! :(
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I work at one. Who is the insurance?

I have Progressive, he has State Farm. He knows hes at fault, especially since I was parked and he hit my car. I just hope wherever I go they can make it unnoticeable and make the paint match perfectly. I live in Manayunk, PA zip code 19128.

they should be able to match it fine (if its even a 1/2 way decent shop). Same thing happened to my 2011 hatch and it turned out great.

Yeah I'm sad that this happened but I'm happy that there are still decent people around in the world. The driver tracked the house down where I was in and told me how sorry he was about the accident. Its tough seeing something like that happen to your new car (I only have about 450 miles total) but grateful that it was a nice and courteous guy that was involved. I plan on taking it to the shop in the morning (De Govanni Collision Repair in Manayunk) to get a quote so that I can send it to both insurance companies and go from there. Hopefully have it looking like new in about a week or two. I will keep you all updated.

Quote came out to be around $1000 worth in damages. The shop operates with State Farm so hopefully we can get the ball moving quicker. I'm waiting for the guy that hit me to talk to his claims adjuster to give his side of the story so the insurance companies can determine liability (it's def his fault since he hit my parked car with no one in it to dodge another incoming car).

Looks like if all goes smoothly I can get the car into the shop next week then get it back a week after. Still pretty bummed but what can you do...

Think about it this way - you'll likely get a paint upgrade. Subaru uses an environmentally friendly paint that isn't nearly as durable as most other cars on the road. The body shop will likely use a traditional 2-part base coat/clear coat that will be more durable than the factory paint.

That sucks, but at least your car wasn't totaled and you weren't injured.

I hate to be the one to do this.....pics?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I will take some more pics when I am at the shop later today because they were able to squeeze me in later in the afternoon so that I can get the car back early next week. They have a dedicated Subaru tech there so he will be handling all the repairs and paint.

I am just glad no one was hurt in the situation, taking a hit on my car isn't too bad considering the guy could of hit someone head on if he didn't swerve out of the way. The shop I am using is De Govanni out in Manayunk (off main street) and they have been a pleasure to work with so far. I definitely post before and after pictures so we can see the quality of work done.

That's crazy 4 of my body men used to work for that shop. Are they a service first shop for state farm? If you have any questions let me I am a service first shop for state farm.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    So tonight the worst thing happened. My brand new car side swipped in Manayunk, PA. If anyone knows a reputable body shop that can paint a WRB for my new 2011 please let me know. I prefer it to be in the Philadelphia/Central NJ area.

I am about to cry lol no lie.
    i hear ya....i have a 2011 wrx WRX that has been in the body shop going on a month now.....its painful!! I live in MA and have a GREAT shop but im sure thats a little far outta your way

Quote Originally Posted by Nems sti View Post
    That's crazy 4 of my body men used to work for that shop. Are they a service first shop for state farm? If you have any questions let me I am a service first shop for state farm.
    Yeah they are are a service first shop for state farm. When I called state farm they actually recommended me that shop before I told them I was there already. They seem like a really professional shop, I dealt with Marty Degovanni, the owner, the entire time and he seems to be a stand up guy. Can't say how the work will be yet, but I hope they can make it look like nothing ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jnh717 View Post
    i hear ya....i have a 2011 wrx WRX that has been in the body shop going on a month now.....its painful!! I live in MA and have a GREAT shop but im sure thats a little far outta your way
    Yeah MA is out of reach for me but I'm glad you found a shop that does great work. A month in the shop!? Do you mind me asking what happened that needed such an extended period in a body shop?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    The driver tracked the house down where I was in and told me how sorry he was about the accident.
    that is really sad news, but thankfully the guy was decent enough to find you and not just drive off. I would be so gutted if I came out and found my car damaged.

I hope the repairs come out perfect, it should be easy to match the color as it won't have much fade due to sun or age. If the car was older then the color would be harder to match. I hope the body shop do a great job and I hope there are no complications with insurance etc and you get car back ASAP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast