BRAND NEW 2011 WRX SIDE SWIPPED! NEED BODY SHOP - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on BRAND NEW 2011 WRX SIDE SWIPPED! NEED BODY SHOP within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Yea he is a real stand up guy. Called me today just to make sure the car is alright and ...

Yea he is a real stand up guy. Called me today just to make sure the car is alright and that his insurance contacted me to notify me that they are taking care of it fully. The shop has a subaru tech so he should know what hes doing. I saw a few outbacks in the lot and they looked practically new so hopefully mine will too. I just hope they can get the ding out of the rear panel (before the bumper) because that thing right now is unsightly lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I am glad there are still some people out there who, when faced with such a situation, have the decency to do the right thing.

I am sure they will do a great job for you, if they don't complain like mad to your insurance, they will fight for you, as it is not their money paying for the work.

here's just a quick look of a shot i took that night. this is not the extent of the damage, just part of it. you can see in the circle that the area is dented in a bit, I am not sure the difficultly of popping that dent out but I hope the shop can pull it off and match the paint along the area and make it flush again. there is also a good chunk missing on majority of the area hit.

actually looking at the pic its hard to see the dent itself but it is definitely there lol. the accident could of been a lot worse so no complaints on my end. i'll take a picture of the finish product as a reference when i get the car back.

on a side note, i got my plates and registration yesterday... but no car to put it on

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't take this the wrong way, but it isn't actually that bad, I mean it could have been a hell of lot worse.

I know it is easy for me to say it from an outsiders point of view, if it were my car I would still be in tears now. but from the pictures it looks like an easy enough repair.

I was imaging something a lot worse, and with the impact more on the doors which would have been very bad, both structural and in terms of repairs.

i hope you take this comment in the way I intended it, as reassurance, that you really should have nothing to worry about. make sure you put pictures up of the finished work

Oh absolutely, it could of been a hell of a lot worst. I wish I had more pictures on the computer right now of the full rear. I suppose the only structural damage is along the real wheel well. I think when I wrote this it made it sound like the car blew up or something... haha but i guess thats just how I was feeling at the time. I will get my camera and load the rest of the damage. I will also definitely post up the repaired work.

But it's been nice hearing all the reassurance from everyone. I miss the car and wanna hit that 1000k so I can start having some fun with it haha. Plus the insurance stuck me in a Corolla for the week making my week even more mundane lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    They gave you a corolla.... talk about kicking you when you are down

I know right! I had my fingers crossed on a charger they had on the lot since I've been curious about those for a while now and then the guy at the rental goes, "well here's the keys to the car. you have the dark blue toyota corolla thats around the corner". It not only kicking me when I'm down, but kicking some sand in my face while they're at it ahaha. But all and all I'm grateful that that process has been moving along smoothly.

Got the car back today! All I can say is I am thankful the accident wasn't too bad and that De Govanni Collision Repair is top notch. I highly recommend anyone that needs body work done/repainting to go to them if you are in the area. They are very well priced (even though insurance covered it all) and they are extremely professional about your car. I will upload pictures later one, you can't tell the car was ever in an accident so I am extremely happy. Now its time to drive it and reach that 1000 miles on the ODO lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    thats great news, I bet you are glad to get it back, and to see the work was well done. Very quick turn around too.

All in all a happy ending

I Support ClubWRX
    That's great to hear.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quick question everyone, along the wheel well edge of the rear bumper there are three areas where a screw can be placed to hold the bumper and lining together. I have the top screw but the other two (screws where mud flaps would be installed) are missing. I assume the screws would be the plastic pop offs but I am missing the two on each side in the rear.

To be honest I've never noticed if there were screws to begin with so I'm curious to know if the stock 2011 wrx should have plastic screws or not in the openings. I pulled the bumper forward a bit from the liner and noticed even if the screws were there they would not be holding the liner in place anyway so I'm not too worried about it, simply curious.

I Support ClubWRX
    There should be plastic clips there.If they are missing ,its a good reason to get rally armors.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I don't think there are any clips there on those last two, from the factory. When I put the splash guards on, I used those holes to mount them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12