Westchester,NYC thread - Page 69
Page 69 of 99 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1482

This is a discussion on Westchester,NYC thread within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Call out lol, this is my first time going to sti vs Evo day, should b fun...

Call out lol, this is my first time going to sti vs Evo day, should b fun

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I went last september. I'll see if I can switch my day.
    Chelsea "CHASE"
    '06 Aspen White WRX

"If you park your car and don't feel inclined to look back at it as you walk away, you have the wrong car."
    I look back every time...

I'm on spring break.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

I live in lower Westchester County (Harrison, NY) and will hopefully be able to buy a new WRX-STI in late '12 or early '13. For anyone in the area who has purchased, any thoughts/recommendations on dealers to visit or avoid? Also, for anyone who has inquired about (or purchased) a WRX with such options, has it been easy or difficult to get things such as an STI license plate frame and shift knob, subwoofer for the stereo, and STP exhaust? These are all options I saw when I've built my own on Subaru's website. Thanks to everyone for the input!

There are three main dealers that are north of you Curry Subaru, Smith Karens Subaru, and Colonial Subaru.

I dont know much about Curry subaru we have never gone there.

I wouldn't recommend Smith Karen's Subaru in brewster AT ALL, Every time we go in there there nasty to us and never willing to do things in your favor. Very bad experiences with these guys. Id avoid them.

Colonial is the farthest from you but i would HIGHLY recommend going there to get your car. My family has been going there for a while and we have NEVER had a bad experience with them. There staff is very friendly, there service is good, and they are willing to help you. When my brothers Head gaskets failed (05rs) he brought it to them, they replaced the gaskets under warentee even though the car was out of warentee by 4k. Colonial had wanted to do this because our family has owned Multiple subarus prior to this and they even called SOA and nagged them in our favor. The mechanic even replaced all the little things around the car such as loose splash guards...ect... and didnt put it on the bill.
    We left Smith Karens for colonial after Smith Karens wanted 50 dollars more than colonial did for a thermostat.

Any dealer you go to will most likely have to order the car if there are options on it , and most dealers have to order the sti's and wrx'es they sell anyway. if the car isnt coming with all the things you want any dealers parts desk will have things ike Sti lisence plate frames ...etc.
    Last edited by Kevint; 03-10-2012 at 06:00 AM.
    Blobeye Syndicate #52

I Support ClubWRX
    I would stay away from the sales dept at Smith Cairns ,Yonkers.

I would recommend my dealer Milea in the Bronx.Got my car from Chris.Very easy to deal with & he gave me a good price with minimal haggling.Also Star Subaru in Bayside offered competitive prices.

Like mentioned for parts you can either order online or go to any parts dept at any dealership .

If you are looking for a subwoofer,I'd recommend an aftermarket option.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

That's interesting; I have heard from lots of people that Smith Cairns is not good to deal with, and I never seem to see any cars with their license plate frames. So I'm not surprised that I already see two strikes against that dealership. I live literally 5 minutes from Rye Ford-Subaru, so I suppose I would pay them a visit just because they're so close. And it sounds like it would be worth it to take a ride up to Colonial when the time comes. My ex girlfriend bought her Tribeca there, and she said they were good people and very easy to deal with.

I Support ClubWRX
    I did not bother to visit dealerships.I had test driven a used car earlier,so there wasn't much of a point.

Most dealers will be hesitant to let you test drive a new car.Sounds crazy right?

I did all my research online & very few of the contacted dealers responded.Of the few the two I mentioned gave me the best price.I live just by Smith Cairns.I contacted them via email.They quoted me $1000 over what everyone else quoted.When I pointed this out to them,they said I was welcome to buy my car from someone else.Yes,mostly in those words.

Just for proof,my correspondence

"I received a quote from another dealer for a base WRX with short throw shifter, boost gauge, and center console/cupholders for $24,986.I live in Yonkers,I would rather deal with somebody nearby,so if you could match that price.

tony"

"Thank you for your inquiry.

The Subaru WRX (MSRP $26,575) is available to order now. It should take about four to five weeks to get. Call (914)377-8100 ext 113 to order yours today. Chip Beach

the best compliment I can receive is a referral"

Last edited by rage-wrx; 03-10-2012 at 08:30 AM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I got my car up at Mid Hudson subaru in wappingers. It's a bit of a hike for you, but the salesmen are all very helpful. They even let me take my (used) car to my own mechanic so he could check it over before I bought it.
    Chelsea "CHASE"
    '06 Aspen White WRX

"If you park your car and don't feel inclined to look back at it as you walk away, you have the wrong car."

I'm a single guy (my girlfriend lives about 2 minutes from Smith Cairns in Yonkers so I always drive past it on the way to her place), so taking a Saturday do visit some dealerships isn't a problem. When the time comes (sooner rather than later I hope!) I will contact a few dealers and see what kind of prices I am quoted. I did that with my last two purchases ('04 Sentra SE-R and '07 Maxima SE) and it was worth it in both cases. I've discovered there are a bunch of Subaru dealers that are very close to me, but if it's worth it to take a ride to Danbury or Wappingers Falls, I may just do that.

Before I bought my car, I went to go check out an 04 WRX at Smith Cairns in Yonkers. I didn't know how to drive stick at the time, so the guy took me for a ride in the car. I thought it was pretty good. I've never had a problem with them. I've bought parts from there, too.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    For the record,I buy parts from Smith Cairns too.Its the sales dept that I have a problem with.

The first time I went there was in March of 2010 to order a 2010.Thankfully I didn't.Maybe I have to thank Smith Cairns for that.I got there an hour before closing time.The only sales man told me that he had a flight to catch & he would be back in a week & I could come back then to order my car.

As mentioned the second time the same guy actually told me to go buy the car from Milea because he couldn't order the car for me for the same very reasonable price.But wanted a $1000 more.

Maybe someone else will have better luck with them.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Wow Tony...add those strange/odd things to the bad I have heard about Smith Cairns. I don't think I'll consider them as an option when it's time to buy. Near me there's Rye, Elmsford, Pleasantville, and thanks for mentioning the place in the Bronx. That's very close to me. And I know of Star and a dealership in Glen Cove as well, so I will have plenty of places to compare without going to Smith Cairns.

Kevint I just saw your friend again lol I was up in Pawling.
    Chelsea "CHASE"
    '06 Aspen White WRX

nice ..i thought it was you that i saw, i was going south on 22 and you were passing the hannafords
    Blobeye Syndicate #52