Westchester,NYC thread - Page 60
Page 60 of 99 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Westchester,NYC thread within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; This winter has been disappointing. I usually have a few videos by now from an undisclosed empty parking lot... The ...

This winter has been disappointing. I usually have a few videos by now from an undisclosed empty parking lot... The only one we have this season was from the freak october storm. Subie is snow deprived
    Chelsea "CHASE"
    '06 Aspen White WRX

"If you park your car and don't feel inclined to look back at it as you walk away, you have the wrong car."
    I look back every time...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha snow! my first night driving in snow last night, in the october storm i went down my street, and slid into a main road casuing a jeep to spin out and hit a curb because i had summer tires on -___-, anyways dropped my car off at mechanic today, my blizzaks came in friday! so today by 3 (when i get out of school) ill be drivin on blizzaks! pray for snow!!

Yea, I've done some 180s accidentally going down hills with my old crappy tires.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

I was with my friend in his silverado and the roads were kinda wet. He turned left off of an exit ramp and spin around and ended up facing the other way. He had crap summer tires on.
    Chelsea "CHASE"
    '06 Aspen White WRX

"If you park your car and don't feel inclined to look back at it as you walk away, you have the wrong car."
    I look back every time...

I drove out last winter during the first snow storm of the year, since I had left my PS3 controller at my friends house in White Plains (exit 19 off the Bronx River, Rage knows lol). It was the first time I was driving the Continentals in the snow, too. At first, the snow was not that bad, but as I reached the half way point, it started snowing like crazy, and the ground was super white. I told myself, "WTF was I thinking!?" I must have seen like 6 accidents happen right before my eyes, just on the way there! I saw cars doing 360s out of nowhere; cars were hitting the rails. I had no trouble at all, though, so I was very impressed with my tires. I can only imagine what a set of Blizzacks would be like.

On the down side, I've gone through 3 of these tires already because of the crappy Yonkers roads. Each tire at the time was $170 each
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    I drove out last winter during the first snow storm of the year, since I had left my PS3 controller at my friends house in White Plains (exit 19 off the Bronx River, Rage knows lol).
    He's at home right now.Just saw his car a while ago.

Remember last years super blizzard?I went over to my brothers place to help him shovel snow since he has almost 1/2 a block to shovel.

I was feeling confident on my new Altimax Arctics.I reached the place without any problem. Shoveled the snow & came back to my car & found it buried.Not only had it snowed but the neighbor's snow blower had thrown his snow onto the car.I tried for 1/2 an hour to get the car out.When I started smelling burnt clutch I decided to stop.Not even the best snow tires & awd would help.

I slept over & spent most of the next day digging the car out.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    When I started smelling burnt clutch I decided to stop.
    Ouch! I go easy on my clutch in the snow. It's pretty easy to ride the clutch when the roads are slippery. My parking spot is on a hill, so I have to take it very easy; I've gotten used to it, though, over the years.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

im really dissapointed too ....we have a lot of good drifting roads in pawling
    too ....i like winter better when theres actually snow =(
    Blobeye Syndicate #52

Quote Originally Posted by Kevint View Post
    im really dissapointed too ....we have a lot of good drifting roads in pawling
    too ....i like winter better when theres actually snow =(
    Not me! I hate the snow. I can't wait for the summer.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

Yorktown Heights, New York, United States
    Anyone here knows of a mod-friendly dealer??
    I have to take my car. To the dealer for maintenance and dont want to lose my warranty!!
    Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=wrx0131;2838246]I drove out last winter during the first snow storm of the year, since I had left my PS3 controller at my friends house in White Plains (exit 19 off the Bronx River, Rage knows lol). It was the first time I was driving the Continentals in the snow, too. At first, the snow was not that bad, but as I reached the half way point, it started snowing like crazy, and the ground was super white. I told myself, "WTF was I thinking!?" I must have seen like 6 accidents happen right before my eyes, just on the way there! I saw cars doing 360s out of nowhere; cars were hitting the rails. I had no trouble at all, though, so I was very impressed with my tires. I can only imagine what a set of Blizzacks would be like.

That's good to hear, I got the same Conti's back in November when you recommended them- looking forward to trying them out tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by rudy123 View Post
    Anyone here knows of a mod-friendly dealer??
    I have to take my car. To the dealer for maintenance and dont want to lose my warranty!!
    Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    go to colonial Subaru in ct. ....they have been amazing with my entire family and even replaced my brothers head gaskets for free after it was out of warranty by 5k
    Blobeye Syndicate #52

[QUOTE=Rholman1;2839623]
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    I drove out last winter during the first snow storm of the year, since I had left my PS3 controller at my friends house in White Plains (exit 19 off the Bronx River, Rage knows lol). It was the first time I was driving the Continentals in the snow, too. At first, the snow was not that bad, but as I reached the half way point, it started snowing like crazy, and the ground was super white. I told myself, "WTF was I thinking!?" I must have seen like 6 accidents happen right before my eyes, just on the way there! I saw cars doing 360s out of nowhere; cars were hitting the rails. I had no trouble at all, though, so I was very impressed with my tires. I can only imagine what a set of Blizzacks would be like.

That's good to hear, I got the same Conti's back in November when you recommended them- looking forward to trying them out tomorrow!
    It's crazy outside! The Potenza RE970AS took the number 1 spot this year for Ultra High Performance All-Season Tires. The Continentals are a close second!

Consumer Survey Results By Category
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

that little storm was awesome ....me and my friend planned a trip accordingly to pick up downhill mountain bikes from Vermont .....no other cars ....hard pack .... wrx ....nice twisty roads = good day
    Blobeye Syndicate #52

Quote Originally Posted by Kevint View Post
    that little storm was awesome ....me and my friend planned a trip accordingly to pick up downhill mountain bikes from Vermont .....no other cars ....hard pack .... wrx ....nice twisty roads = good day
    Ahhh, I went out for drinks...
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin