Westchester,NYC thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Westchester,NYC thread within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; rudy,if you pass McLean ave,have you seen the rally cars in the shop next to VP tires right near South ...

I Support ClubWRX
    rudy,if you pass McLean ave,have you seen the rally cars in the shop next to VP tires right near South Broadway?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 914subie954 View Post
    thanks for the info didnt know the turbo was water cooled. new to the wrx world had a couple vw's. and i want a tmic was wondering if the stock sti one is any bigger or did anything in performance. have a friend that i can get one for free from.
    from what I have read it is not a direct bolt on.You would be better off with an aftermarket TMIC if you really wanted one.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    from what I have read it is not a direct bolt on.You would be better off with an aftermarket TMIC if you really wanted one.
    Hmm for my car it was a direct bolt on with the Y-pipe. I'm not too good with the newer WRX's though...

rudy,if you pass McLean ave,have you seen the rally cars in the shop next to VP tires right near South Broadway?
    I've seen them, I live right around there.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by rudy123 View Post
    bro, please do me that favor of asking him. i really do want to do that job.
    try finding out for me and well figure something out from there. let me know when to go down there
    i just talked to my boii he said it would take about an hour and cost $75

So you completely bypass the headlight switch and can have your fogs on whenever you want?? If so that's epic. I want.
    Chelsea "CHASE"
    '06 Aspen White WRX

"If you park your car and don't feel inclined to look back at it as you walk away, you have the wrong car."
    I look back every time...

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by chelseaWRX06 View Post
    So you completely bypass the headlight switch and can have your fogs on whenever you want?? If so that's epic. I want.
    yeap...i saw all the DIY's on how to do it and I am okay with wirering but didnt feel like messing with it so it was well worth my $75...if anyone wants to try it themselves more power to yuhh but i didnt feel like fighting with it and my friend does them all the time. also idk about the older models but i know theres a way to disable the DRL's on the 3g's from a little harness clip under the passenger side bumper area. If anyone wants to meetup and have my friend do the fog mod for them just let me know. If not thats kool too lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DGM-rex View Post
    i know theres a way to disable the DRL's on the 3g's from a little harness clip under the passenger side bumper area.
    yep DRLs and High Beams - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Also wanted to mention that if anybody is looking to get a tint or clear bra,I have just the person.Does a great job too.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

while we are in the convo of knowing local people that do good little mods that make big differences i know a great shop that tints tail lights to any darkness you like...he did mine...tom. in the morning ill take a close up pic of it for everyone to check out. best part about it is that once tinted they loveeee wax. I use the same wax on my car on my lights including detail/spray wax anytime i wash the car. They honestly almost look factory the way I have mine. I know not everyone goes for the "Blacked-Out" look but IMHO i love it on my car.

Need tint asap I hate riding like a fish bowl. Where are these places located.

Also wanted to mention that if anybody is looking to get a tint or clear bra,I have just the person.Does a great job too.
    how much for a tint job? I've been looking around for prices so I can save up...
    Chelsea "CHASE"
    '06 Aspen White WRX

"If you park your car and don't feel inclined to look back at it as you walk away, you have the wrong car."
    I look back every time...

gotta place near me i can get prices tom. for window tints...i was talking about tail light tint tho its not a film its sprayed professionally

I Support ClubWRX
    Top Dude Tint
    695 Nepperhan Avenue
    Yonkers, NY 10703-2313
    (914) 965-2595/(914) 557-1803

Ask for Sly.He uses quality film.All work is guaranteed.About pricing you would have to ask him.I had my car's tint & clear bra + 2 of my brother's cars(a Merc & VW for which you have to remove the door panels) done there.He isn't expensive.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Yorktown Heights, New York, United States
    are you talking about the shop next to moore?
    well i havent seen any rally cars in there; ive never noticed. but i do know the shop is called raceway something(forgot whole name)lol.
    but yea what happened with that shop?
    Last edited by rudy123; 08-03-2011 at 08:04 PM.