any subaru/ JDM meets in the PA/NJ area???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on any subaru/ JDM meets in the PA/NJ area??? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hi all, I am a big car fan and the one thing I really miss from England was all the ...

I Support ClubWRX

any subaru/ JDM meets in the PA/NJ area???

Hi all,

I am a big car fan and the one thing I really miss from England was all the car shows and meets we used to go to. Getting together with fella owners and talking about modifications, helping each other. Putting faces to forum names etc.
    We had shows just for Japanese cars, we had japan vs the world shows (1/4 handling etc) and there were forum specific, and car manufacturer specific.

Is there is nothing like that in the area? If there is how do you find out about them??

And if there isn't then why don't we do one??

Are there any meets in the near future in the area?

jp

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Keep an eye out for the Victory meets... They take place in the Downingtown area(Southeastern PA, just west of Philadelphia) almost quarterly, and are well attended. They are a mix of parking lot hangout, scenic drive, and lunch w/ likeminded car enthusiasts at a brewery.

There are other meets posted here fairly regularly, and you could certainly check NASIOC's tristate section or Tristate Tuners for some additional meets.

If nothing you find is convenient or local, then make your own meet! Just pick a date & location and activity (if possible) then post it up.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by devilfluff View Post
    Keep an eye out for the Victory meets... They take place in the Downingtown area(Southeastern PA, just west of Philadelphia) almost quarterly, and are well attended. They are a mix of parking lot hangout, scenic drive, and lunch w/ likeminded car enthusiasts at a brewery.

There are other meets posted here fairly regularly, and you could certainly check NASIOC's tristate section or Tristate Tuners for some additional meets.

If nothing you find is convenient or local, then make your own meet! Just pick a date & location and activity (if possible) then post it up.
    The brewery is only about 40mins away from me, so that would be a definite I will keep an eye out for any events coming up.

Just out of interest what are the police like regarding meets, in England they were totally against local meets in public car parks, all meets had to be organised on private property. I was lucky as I only lived about 40mins from Silverstone GP circuit and about 45 mins from Santa Pod drag raceway and most of the meets were at those 2 locations.

If I wanted to organize a meet myself is there anyone who could point me in the right direction to find out what needs to be done etc or if I keep it a low key event (like a Sunday afternoon lunch meet at a local bar/ restaurant) could I get away with not involving authorities?

I Support ClubWRX
    Generally speaking, I have found the police to be very tolerant of meets. Assuming that attendees are not acting like fools and drawing the wrong kind of attention(burnouts, racing, etc.).

If you plan to set a meet up at a business, be sure that attendees are encouraged to patronize the business while there, you are not interfering with the regular patrons, and there is plenty of parking available for use by the public.

Unless a meet gets very large, you shouldn't need any permits from the local authorities.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

I Support ClubWRX
    cool thanks for the info.

I may take a trip to one of the bars near me, they have a huge car park and they have had car meets there in the past. And the food is quite good too.

Welcome to the forum, I have gone to 3 victory meets so far and they are a great time. The one in the fall (generally october) usually has the best turnout, 30-40 subarus. Also, if you are looking for something just for cars in general, depending on your location, the Hooters in Bensalem, PA has a huge car show every saturday night (all types-muscle, import, classic, jeep, truck, bikes) and thursday nights there are usually a bunch of people at the Sonic in Bensalem, also mixed bag.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    The Victory meets are a a blast: The 5th Anniversary Victory Meet - May 21, 2011!

If there is enough interest I can set one up this summer. The 2009 summer edition was lightly attended. I'd guess the next one will indeed be in the fall. Hope to see you out there.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    Welcome to the forum, I have gone to 3 victory meets so far and they are a great time. The one in the fall (generally october) usually has the best turnout, 30-40 subarus. Also, if you are looking for something just for cars in general, depending on your location, the Hooters in Bensalem, PA has a huge car show every saturday night (all types-muscle, import, classic, jeep, truck, bikes) and thursday nights there are usually a bunch of people at the Sonic in Bensalem, also mixed bag.
    Bensalem is a little bit too far out, but I think i would make the trek if i knew there was going to be a few scoobys going.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    The Victory meets are a a blast: The 5th Anniversary Victory Meet - May 21, 2011!

If there is enough interest I can set one up this summer. The 2009 summer edition was lightly attended. I'd guess the next one will indeed be in the fall. Hope to see you out there.
    Sounds, good i would be up for it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.