2011 Bumper Replacement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 Bumper Replacement within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Anybody want to help me replace my front bumper on my 11' WRX that ate a paint can on the ...

2011 Bumper Replacement

Anybody want to help me replace my front bumper on my 11' WRX that ate a paint can on the turnpike?

Pics of the Subaru munching on the can.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Fak! Sorry to see!
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob | KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | 24mm Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear | Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks | Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

I Support ClubWRX
    Man,that sucks.Unfortunately you will also have to replace the fogs.The fog light inserts comes with the fog light kit only as far as I know.It is fairly easy to replace both yourself.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Why not just patch and go? That's an expensive replacement.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Really? I have to get a fog light kit to get the inserts? Ouch...maybe the dealership can find me a solo insert or maybe when they order the bumper it'll come with them. They asked for the vin to get the right bumper so maybe I'll get lucky

Well the bumper is $270 which isn't horrible. Now it just depends if it comes with inserts or not. Also have to get it painted

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    So probably somewhere between $500-800 total... if you have to do the fogs...
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob | KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | 24mm Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear | Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks | Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

Well I just called the dealership again and the fog light housing plastic piece can actually be ordered b itself which is awesome news!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy21785 View Post
    Well I just called the dealership again and the fog light housing plastic piece can actually be ordered b itself which is awesome news!
    great,saved yourself about $300 there.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    It's a long-shot, but you might want to go after the Turnpike to reimburse you for the damage..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Cartman
    It's a long-shot, but you might want to go after the Turnpike to reimburse you for the damage..
    If it's not a fault of DOT (or whatever state agency is responsible for upkeep), then why would they pay? This is something that you would need to go after the person who is responsible for the can.

UNYSOC

Ahh I feel for you man. I have a crack on the same side of my bumper, except mine was probably from a snow bank. Incidents like this should fall under comprehensive on your insurance policy, especially if striking the object was unavoidable. However, since the paint can was in the road it's considered a "collision" and therefore would increase your rates if you submitted a claim. I guess it's best to bite the bullet and pay the $500-$800. I think there's a member on here that works insurance claims though. Might be worth it to ask him.

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    If it's not a fault of DOT (or whatever state agency is responsible for upkeep), then why would they pay? This is something that you would need to go after the person who is responsible for the can.
    I hear what you're saying, but I know someone who went after the DOT and got paid for the damages they sustained for a similar incident. It took 9 months and a lot of paperwork, but in the end they got their $$.

Also, depending on what your deductable is, it might be worth claiming. I had a brick fly off of a truck and nail my hood (on my Porsche). Repair bill was over $1000, deductable was $100 (comprehensive?). Rates never went up.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713
    I think there's a member on here that works insurance claims though. Might be worth it to ask him.
    Not to throw him under the bus, but:
    View Profile: dbya rx - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums

UNYSOC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast