2011 Bumper Replacement - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 Bumper Replacement within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Haha nice work!...

Haha nice work!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Cartman View Post
    It's a long-shot, but you might want to go after the Turnpike to reimburse you for the damage..
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    If it's not a fault of DOT (or whatever state agency is responsible for upkeep), then why would they pay? This is something that you would need to go after the person who is responsible for the can.
    I would give it a go. Especially when you have to pay a toll to drive on it, it's their responsibility to keep it safe to drive on. I know they bill you for damaging the turnpike (friend got billed for scratching a gaurd rail).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Cartman View Post
    Also, depending on what your deductable is, it might be worth claiming. I had a brick fly off of a truck and nail my hood (on my Porsche). Repair bill was over $1000, deductable was $100 (comprehensive?). Rates never went up.
    See my initial post. Flying object = comprehensive. Striking an object already in the road (or tapping a curb or something) = collision. At least that's what I've gathered from my research. Definitely smart for you to do that because a comprehensive claim won't raise your rates, but it covers a small amount of possible scenarios.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    a comprehensive claim won't raise your rates, but it covers a small amount of possible scenarios.
    I never knew that. That is great. Especially considering my comprehensive deductable is extremely small.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Well I have a high deductible($500) but I factored in the price of the bumper and fog light insert/cover and it was gonna be the same as my deductible or less. I plan on removing the bumper myself, or with help from people from the forum(hint hint) and just reinstalling it but I do have to get it painted to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    I never knew that. That is great. Especially considering my comprehensive deductable is extremely small.
    Yea, my comprehensive deductible is $500 and $0 for glass. Things like the windshield claims are great because no deductable and no increase! However, I don't think I'll be contacting my insurance company for my bumper replacement. Doesn't seem worth it to pay $1000 for a collision claim and then increased rates for 3-6 years. Ah I'll just hope that somebody backs into me and get it patched up in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy21785 View Post
    Well I have a high deductible($500) but I factored in the price of the bumper and fog light insert/cover and it was gonna be the same as my deductible or less. I plan on removing the bumper myself, or with help from people from the forum(hint hint) and just reinstalling it but I do have to get it painted to match.
    There you go! Good on you to get it done yourself and save some $$ in the process.

I Support ClubWRX
    I once complained against a toll booth operator for unprofessional conduct & wrong amount of change returned after paying for the toll.I got a check with an apology,which also mentioned that the operator had been reprimanded, in the mail after 2 weeks.So it can't do you any harm to write them a letter or email & include a picture.

If you use an EZpass they will have record of you being on the NJ Turnpike at the said time ( if you go to your account online ,you can print out the transactions page)or if you have receipts of toll transactions,send them copies.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 04-21-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Very true. But who would I send the complaint to? Turnpike complaint box? Lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy21785 View Post
    Very true. But who would I send the complaint to? Turnpike complaint box? Lol
    New Jersey Turnpike Authority
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12