New 2011 WRX

This is a discussion on New 2011 WRX within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hello all, Just put down a deposit for a new black hatchback wrx that will be in in about 2 ...

New 2011 WRX

Hello all,
    Just put down a deposit for a new black hatchback wrx that will be in in about 2 weeks. My question to you guys is, is it worth getting the short-throw shifter? What does this do that the regular shifter can't? Is it worth the extra $300+ ?
    Also, I know it says that premium gas is necessary, but is this just a recommendation? Does it absolutely need premium over regular?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by justmike; 03-27-2011 at 07:22 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You need to run premium gas. It is not just a recommendation.

You can get an aftermarket short shifter for a lot less than the dealer option, around 75-100.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

I Support ClubWRX
    Only premium gas .If you do some research you'll find that the kartboy is the preferred short shifter.You can join the group buy here http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2147276 & get it for 30% off before March 31st.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Only premium gas .If you do some research you'll find that the kartboy is the preferred short shifter.You can join the group buy here 08+ Impreza Super Shifter Set - GROUP BUY!!!!! - NASIOC & get it for 30% off before March 31st.
    do it^

and if the extra expense of putting premium gas in the car is going to be a problem maybe its not the car for you.

Lol yea when I heard it needed premium gas i was like omg it costs so much. Thats why I have a dodge stratus r/t that i put whatever into and drive it to work. I do drive my wrx to work just not as often because of the gas priceses. Made the mistake of putting e85 in just did that for a tank of gas and started putting 93 in it again. Wrx is an awesome car tho invidia exhaust and an AEM intake was well worth my money .

morning guys, just a thought,any HID recommendation for 11WRX?

hey mike, welcome to the club. the shifter is the best upgrade! well, haven't felt the SPT SS but the Kartboy is awesome (bushings are obviously most important). and definitely, as said above, premium only. ive only put 93+ in mine.
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    The STS upgrade is a definite good choice. I stuck with the Subaru STS unit because I got the price down by rolling it into purchase and like that it is still fully covered by my warranty - which is not always the case when you go aftermarket.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)