NY: Test Drive

This is a discussion on NY: Test Drive within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I am seriously considering selling my dc5 to buy a wrx as a commuter car to school and work. But ...

NY: Test Drive

I am seriously considering selling my dc5 to buy a wrx as a commuter car to school and work. But there are certain things that are keeping me away. Is there anyone in NY that's willing to let me see there wrx. I have a person who wants to but my dc5, so I need to make sure I really want a wrx before selling.

And some of the things that are turning me away:
    Worse gas mileage
    Not Getting that rush when vtec engages(though I figure a turbo solves that)
    Higher insurance
    More expensive to maintain (not sure if that's true)
    Loose suspension for daily comfort (i love the stiff hard, track racing feeling from my dc5)
    Thanks a ton for any help
    2003 ABP DC5
    1983 Z28 Camaro
    D1GP/Formula Drift/JDM Allstars/Just Drift

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Where in the Hudson Valley are you?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Nanuet, 10954
    2003 ABP DC5
    1983 Z28 Camaro

Go to a dealer and test drive one?
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

i doubt they will let a 18 year old kid show up and drive a wrx (turned 18 today)
    2003 ABP DC5
    1983 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Trinidrift3 View Post
    I am seriously considering selling my dc5 to buy a wrx as a commuter car to school and work. But there are certain things that are keeping me away. Is there anyone in NY that's willing to let me see there wrx. I have a person who wants to but my dc5, so I need to make sure I really want a wrx before selling.

Worse gas mileage
    Higher insurance
    Loose suspension for daily comfort (i love the stiff hard, track racing feeling from my dc5)
    Thanks a ton for any help
    Man the worse gas mileage is an understatement. Im young myself only being 19 and my last car was a Integra and the difference is night and day lol

I have driven a RSX type S and vtec engaging pales in comparison to turbo

Suspension wise, stock RSX suspension is TERRIBLE compared to a Stock WRX. WRX suspension is actually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinidrift3 View Post
    Worse gas mileage
    Are you comfortable with about 25mpg on premium? Plus or minus depending on driving style and state of tune (hint - stage 2 give better mpg )
    LOL. All I'm saying is drive a wrx. You'll wonder why you ever thought vtec was cool.
    Higher insurance
    Can you deal with it?
    Not really - the wrx doesn't take significantly more maintenance than anything else...
    WRX isn't too soft OOTB, but honestly, throw $200 worth of bushings in there, and it's a new car.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    LOL. All I'm saying is drive a wrx. You'll wonder why you ever thought vtec was cool.
    Lmaooooooo, Man I remember all the Honda guys were like oh man you feel that vtec!?!?! And I was always like....uhm I don't feel a difference. And then I drove a wrx and now just.....wow lol

LOL VTEC...
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

selling 2mrrow. getting wrx. i can deal with 25 mpg and i drive conservatively......kinda . might pick up a 250r for summer driving to help that. i hear some people say that the insurance goes down alittle even though its turbo due to it being a sedan. only thing i have a problem with is the interior and audio but i'll adapt. i love how no one has offered a test drive yet haha
    2003 ABP DC5
    1983 Z28 Camaro

hey, I'd offer, but I'm not driving up 2 hours for it

BTW, for 2002-2007, wagon insurance is cheaper.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit