Is there a Hill climb assist?

This is a discussion on Is there a Hill climb assist? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Is there a hill climb assist in 2011 WRX?If so,where can I find it...

Is there a Hill climb assist?

Is there a hill climb assist in 2011 WRX?If so,where can I find it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes. Read your manual.

Basic operation: it'll hold your brakes down after you are done holding them down.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Yes, but there's nothing to find. It's always on....or ready to be on I suppose is a better way to phrase that.

Clutch in, and brake. When the car is stopped Hill Assist is on. If you let off the brake the car should not move.
    Steve // 2008 Lexus IS-F // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Yes, but there's nothing to find. It's always on....or ready to be on I suppose is a better way to phrase that.
    Clutch in, and brake. When the car is stopped Hill Assist is on. If you let off the brake the car should not move.
    ...if you're in gear. The assist doesn't work if you're in neutral.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

True. I made the assumption that nobody would sit at a stoplight with the clutch pedal in, but not in gear and in neutral. That would be .
    Steve // 2008 Lexus IS-F // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

thankyou...

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Also - it only holds the car for a moment, and then it releases. If you handle it properly it is an easy to live with assist, but if you over rely on it you could find yourself suddenly rolling back when it lets go. I've driven many a stick and stopped on many a hill without this sort of assist and it is a good way of knowing how to handle your transmission (where does the clutch engage, how much gas do I need to feed it, etc.), but people have often cheated in the past by using their e-brake, and the assist is the same theory, just automated.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)