NY/ NJ Dealer Recommendation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on NY/ NJ Dealer Recommendation within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I am interested in buying WRX soon and I am wondering if any of you know of a kick ass ...

NY/ NJ Dealer Recommendation

I am interested in buying WRX soon and I am wondering if any of you know of a kick ass dealer who won't be ripping me off too much. All I know is that Bill Kolb is pretty huge, some people have a pretty bad experience with Ramsey and such but that is about it - I am quite new to the area and do not know of anyone with Subaru. So if you guys can, please let me know your purchase experience with any NY/NJ dealer!

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have been shopping around the area as well in hopes of picking up an '11 some time this year...Kolb is a nice dealership but they seemed to have an extremely no haggle approach- would be cool if they had the lowest price but they usually don't. I've been to Rye Subaru and the people there are great, they agreed to order everything at invoice on a new WRX whenever I was ready, I am hoping to get one for a bit lower, but may come back to them to see if they will price match on a better deal. Ramsey Subaru gave me the best price by about $500 and have been very friendly and prompt in our email conversations- still haven't actually physically been there, and I didn't know until reading your post that people have had bad experiences with them. Westchester Subaru also offered to match any price I found elsewhere. Good luck in your shopping, let me know how it turns out!

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't recommend Kolb,too uptight.I contacted most dealers in the NY area.Only a couple replied.Westchester wanted me to come to the shop to give me a pricing.The only ones with offers worth considering were Star in Bayside(Anton) & Milea(Chris Flynn) in the Bronx.They were both flexible with their pricing.But in the end I went with Milea after Chris gave me $100 off without me even asking.I could not be happier with their service.Avoid Smith Cairns in Yonkers,they quoted me $1000 more than any other dealer.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Hey Rholman1, Maybe we should shop together and it can get us a better deal together?? I am in no hurry but then if I can get a good deal, I do not wanna wait as I will be car-less starting next week. haha Thanks for your reply and let me know what you think.

Thanks Rage-wrx, I shall contact Chris Flynn and see what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by alrdjwsla View Post
    Hey Rholman1, Maybe we should shop together and it can get us a better deal together?? I am in no hurry but then if I can get a good deal, I do not wanna wait as I will be car-less starting next week. haha Thanks for your reply and let me know what you think.
    Hmmm definitely something to think about- don't know if anyone has shopped together like that but maybe it could help...I was ready to buy in January but then ended up having to fix a couple things in my car and got stuck with a $1900 repair bill, so I figured I would drive it for another couple months anyway just so I don't feel like I threw that money away. What style and color are you going for? The color is a tough one to choose, I like black, DGM, and white, and seem to go back and forth over them every week

Yeah man, I have not done it yet but i am sure it would only help? Anyways I am looking for 5 door, premium with short shifter, extended armrest and possibliy SPT exhaust. Color either DGM or blue (I am done with black haha). Not sure what the best price with all the stuff listed above but the cheaper is always the better haha. So when are you thinking about making a purchase? Fortunately, I can drive my friend's car for next few months and I slowly need to start searching & order (as I heard it takes a few months to get the delivery.. ) I guess at least I would need to order by the end of May. (as it is always best to order the car at the end of the month I guess?? ) Let me know man.

Yeah man, I have not done it yet but i am sure it would only help? Anyways I am looking for 5 door, premium with short shifter, extended armrest and possibliy SPT exhaust. Color either DGM or blue (I am done with black haha). Not sure what the best price with all the stuff listed above but the cheaper is always the better haha. So when are you thinking about making a purchase? Fortunately, I can drive my friend's car for next few months and I slowly need to start searching & order (as I heard it takes a few months to get the delivery.. ) I guess at least I would need to order by the end of May. (as it is always best to order the car at the end of the month I guess?? ) Let me know man.
    I am pretty much ready to order anytime in the next few months, and I understand it will be a couple months before we see the cars anyway after we order...I was just trying to patient and make sure I found a deal I couldn't refuse before signing on the dotted line. I don't know how to go about shopping together- maybe you could send out a few emails letting the dealers know they could have 2 easy sales if they give us a great price below invoice? I am looking for a Base 4 door with spoiler, fogs, short throw, and auto dimming mirror, most likely in DGM. Hopefully something works out!

hi

congrats on the decision.
    Contact Brian Foreman /Gross Ira at Freehold Dodge and subaru!
    I got my 2011 WRX limited for 29000 out the door along with a short throw shifter and illumination kit..That is $800 below invoice with a doc fee of 199.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by forceofnature View Post
    congrats on the decision.
    Contact Brian Foreman /Gross Ira at Freehold Dodge and subaru!
    I got my 2011 WRX limited for 29000 out the door along with a short throw shifter and illumination kit..That is $800 below invoice with a doc fee of 199.
    OTD is with tax,tags,registration.You got a 2011 limited for 29000 including taxes & fees?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

yes

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    OTD is with tax,tags,registration.You got a 2011 limited for 29000 including taxes & fees?
    Yes.$29700 exactly.I bought gap insurance and that drove my number a little up to 30200.But,basically the OTD cost is $29700 including the accessories.

Nice deal. Do you have his email by any chance? I shall send him an email about this!

email

Nice deal. Do you have his email by any chance? I shall send him an email about this!
    igross@freeholddodgesubaru.com

This is the process I followed.
    1. Get a list of quotes from many dealers on cars.com

2.Picked Ramsey subaru who was offering me a price of 27495

3.Was under talks with Ira from Freehold subaru in the meantime.

4.Took the quote from Ramsey subaru and asked if Freeholddodge and subaru will sweeten the pot
    The doc fee was a $100 less than Ramsey and the price was sweetened by another $450.
    5.Then negotiated the price of the accessories and finalized the price.

Just be prepared with a printed offer in the ball park of 27500.You will have a better deal.

Also,I waited 4 weeks to get the car which worked out both ways because the dealer would have made 1500 in holdback even though he sold for 800 under invoice
    with a net profit of $700

Good Luck !!!

I bought mine from Liberty Subaru in Emerson, NJ. I used truecar.com to get the dealer to sell it at 400 below invoice. There are a few dealers in the area that can do 800 or so below invoice, but this was the only one with a SWP 5DR LTD w/ NAV at the time. Dealt with a dude named Clayton. It was definitely an excellent buying experience, no haggling.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    FWIW - if you have a trade-in, Flemington Subaru in central NJ is known for having some of the best trade-in payouts available due to the broker they deal with. I got them about $700 under dealer invoice (not the MSRP) and then traded in for an amount well above any other trade offer. Even the guy at Emerson told me that they never come close to what Flemington can do.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast