Taking delivery of my 2011 WRX.Please advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Taking delivery of my 2011 WRX.Please advice within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hello all I was waiting on my 2011 WRX for the past 3 weeks and I got a call from ...

Taking delivery of my 2011 WRX.Please advice

Hello all
    I was waiting on my 2011 WRX for the past 3 weeks and I got a call from the dealer today to come and take delivery.It is sort of unexpected because the intial waiting period was 8-10 weeks.I am out of town and cannot take delivery for another 2 days.If I leave the car with the dealer for 2 more days prior to taking delivery ,is there anything funky I should be looking for when I go to pick it up later?
    I know that I am being paranoid,but I have heard a couple of my friends tell me that they might test drive the car and redline it OR change any factory installed options.
    Any insight will be helpful.
    Thanks a bunch in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They won't change out options and stuff.

It is possible for them to use it as a test drive car. It kind of depends on if they have any others in stock.

True story: before I bought mine I had a sales guy tell me that he had a special order coming in on X date and that he would call me before the person who's car it was so that I could test drive it......Guess he didn't care about customers, so naturally I declined and left that dealership.

From what I have seen the average amount of miles on the car when you pick it up is around 8. So that's really the only think you can look for.

Oh, and tell them to take their stupid dealership sticker/badge off of the car while you're away.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

if you want to get really crazy, tell them that you are very particular, and you want to see the car with all of the plastic wrap still on it at the dealer before you fork over the rest of the $$$ for the car. that way you know they didnt eff with it or test drive it.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Ask them for what the delivery mileage is the day they get it and then verify it's the same when you pick it up.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

^ Both really good ideas.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    From what I have seen the average amount of miles on the car when you pick it up is around 8. So that's really the only think you can look for.
    I can vouch for this. On the odometer disclosure statement it said the car would have no more than 18 miles on it when I picked it up. Also, my salesman called me to say it was in. He also stated that it would be tucked away so no one could test drive it. I was very happy with that, and when I picked it up the next day she only had 8 miles on her. I might have lucked out with an awesome dealer but I really appreciated the courtesy. I have a thing about being the first one to play with my toys haha.

Banned
    Nice to know. I had mine brought in from another dealership. It had 151 miles on it when we picked it up and the other dealership is 143 miles away. Guess that means all they did was drive it over!

lol no way they drove a car over for delivery....oddly enough the difference is exactly 8 miles...weird.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

lol no way they drove a car over for delivery....oddly enough the difference is exactly 8 miles...weird.
    My mom picked up a 2011 Forester a week before mine came in. She wanted a stick shift so the dealership did a swap with another one up in Vermont. They drove it down and had about 80 miles on it when she picked it up.

the dealership i bought my car also worked out a trade with a dealer about 80 miles away b/c i didnt want OBP (too hot). i was talking to the sales manager that i worked out my deal with, and he said there is a lot of programing they need to do when the vehicles arrive. part of that programing may be driving the car for aprox 8 miles ???
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Yup - mine came with 8 miles on her as well.

I would have maimed the dealer if they'd let anyone test drive my car after waiting 8 weeks for it.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    there is a document that states how many miles the car has been driven before delivery.Mine said 10 miles but there was only 8 miles on the odo.You can let the dealer know uour concerns.Wouldn't do any harm.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    I would have maimed the dealer if they'd let anyone test drive my car after waiting 8 weeks for it.
    I woulda been like "you did whattttttt!?!"

Just wait until I get my first scratch.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I should probably let my dealership know the deal too... I won't be having none of that 'ish with my car...
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob | KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | 24mm Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear | Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks | Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

Banned
    Why not? Its got to be the cheapest way to get a single car over for same day delivery. I am sure they covered the front up somehow and I know they had to re-detail it when it came in I just hope the followed proper break-in procedure on the way over!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast