Taking delivery of my 2011 WRX.Please advice - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Taking delivery of my 2011 WRX.Please advice within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; From what I've seen, I'm averaging 21.9 right now (800 miles on the ODO so far), and friends have told ...

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    From what I've seen, I'm averaging 21.9 right now (800 miles on the ODO so far), and friends have told me that they found the mileage improved further once they were broken in. I'll be happy with 22, since the last things I drove gave me 14.5 on premium (Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.9L in it).
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just over 2,000 miles here and on this current tank the computer says 22.8. However, when it's time to fill up (after ~300 miles/tank) it usually says 20-21. I know it's low because I let the car warm up in the mornings and such, but I'm hoping to get around 23 once summer gets here and everything has been broken in properly. I should probably do a manual calculation just to make sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by forceofnature View Post
    But the mileage seems to average 16.8 mpg (atleast that is what shows on the guage).I am driving pretty reasonably and haven't crossed 65mph so far.Hopefully,the mileage improves eventually.
    I'm averaging 19.8 on my first tank, but i'm driving pretty slowly (rarely exceeding 3.5k revs, never over 4k). I hear the fuel economy improves after the first few hundred miles. I don't care too much either way, as i certainly didn't buy this car for fuel economy
    2011 WRX Premium 5dr SWP
    Stink Eye Mob #27

Banned
    The fuel computer reads high on mine. 1-2mpg high sadly. I do a lot of freeway driving so today I did a little testing:

At 75 it read 21 mpg
    At 70 it read 23.5 mpg
    at 65 it read 26 mpg.

Pretty dramatic differences, so I guess I will be driving 70 from now on, at least until gas drops a little. I just passed 1000 miles today though so I will probably be winding it out from the stoplights anyway...

128 miles on the Odometer and I am averaging 18 miles/gallon.Good improvement from 16.4 a couple of days ago.

I am psyched......
    I was a good boy for almost a whole week.(avoiding lower gears ,higher rpm and driving my WRX like a toyota camry..LOL).I got 19.2 miles average for my first tank.My entire trips were local and I didnot take it on the freeway even once.I was happy that it met atleast the manufacturer's suggested mileage for city driving.

Now.....,I eased up a little on my driving and drive mostly between 2000-3000 rpm most of the time with occasional sprinting.My second tank averaged 22.7 miles for city driving.Still no freeway driving.
    I checked the window sticker and it says that most drivers average upto 23 miles /gallon for city driving.
    Amazing....given the amount of power the WRX has, it can still be fuel efficient compared to most midsized sedans with 2/3 of it's HP and handling.

I've got 520mi on the clock and the computer reads 24.0 for my 2nd tank. (I'll calculate at my next fill-up). I've been doing a mixture of city and highway driving, but always taking it pretty easy (under 3.5K most of the time).
    2011 WRX Premium 5dr SWP
    Stink Eye Mob #27

My car came from somewhere else too. I got mine with 113 or 133 miles on it. Whatever the milage that has been put into the car more or less, you cant assume that nobody red lined the car or not. The dealers will tell you exactly like this "oh no no, our people dont do that". imo
    2011 WRX HATCHBACK SSM

My wrx had exactly 5 Miles on the car when I got it. Lawrence Subaru is a really good dealership. They left my subi in the back somewhere and hid my car for me. I picked it up a few days later when I was able to and it still had 5 miles on it. I was so glad they didn't use it for test drives then again its my car they shouldn't of.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123