A SAD DAY IN THE SUBIE COMMUNITY :(
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on A SAD DAY IN THE SUBIE COMMUNITY :( within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So I get back to my warehouse today after delivering my load in upstate NY to find that the guys ...

A SAD DAY IN THE SUBIE COMMUNITY :(

So I get back to my warehouse today after delivering my load in upstate NY to find that the guys truck that was parked next to me caught on fire in turn scorching my car and the car on the other side of him! I further discovered that the gentlemen has no insurance and my insurance will not cover this fire. So my Subaru has gone to Subie heaven. Ill be looking in the next few weeks to replace my car but its still a sad day! I will miss my WRX. I was told by the fire department and the police I was not allowed to take photos. So I will try to get photos when I can go to the place where the burned out corpse is! So sad, so mad! Damn Insurance companies!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, sorry to hear.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_FAST_WRX View Post
    I further discovered that the gentlemen has no insurance
    Gentleman carry insurance.

my insurance will not cover this fire.
    Why is this?

I was told by the fire department and the police I was not allowed to take photos.
    Can't pics of your own car? Where is this? I'll make sure I avoid that town.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

This is very sad on very many levels

Really sorry to hear it. RIP
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Holy **** man. Sorry to hear it. I got a hit and run back in December had to pay out the ass for my deductible. Sucks
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

im super sorry to hear this. it's messed up. BUT, just to clarify from the insurance standpoint, even if the "gentleman" had insurance, you most likely would not have gotten a single $ from them. in order for you to be able to make a claim on his policy, he would have to have committed some sort of negligent act that caused harm to you or your property. unless he actually lit his own car on fire, there will be no way to prove this at all. i have had a few claims like this in the past, and it just sucks to tell people there is nothing to you can do for them.

Do you not have comprehensive coverage? if you do, that would cover the fire damage. if you dont, you should buy it on your next vehicle, and everyone should. its super cheap because it only covers theft, vandalism, fire, storm damage, and a host of other things, but its worth what you pay 100 times over when some crazy stuff goes down like what happened to you today.

again, really sorry man!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I Support ClubWRX
    So sorry to hear that man.Do your insurance issues have to do with you not being insured against uninsured motorists?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I do have comprehensive coverage but since there is no way to prove how or what caused the fire they have to refuse. They will cover some of the damage just nothing close to the full amount. I would probably still owe like $6500 and with that on my credit no bank will even look at me for a loan and I certainly do NOT want to roll that inequity into another car. So Im gonna have to suck it up and drive the Jeep Wrangler my friend is loaning to me until I figure something out!

I almost wanted to cry when I saw what happened. All the memories in that car not to mention all the personal stuff I had in the car thats not covered by insurance. Well everyone I thank all of you for the support. And to whoever asked about the name of the town where I wasnt allowed to take pics of the my own cars corpse was gouldsboro, PA!

I Support ClubWRX
    I do have comprehensive coverage but since there is no way to prove how or what caused the fire they have to refuse. They will cover some of the damage just nothing close to the full amount.
    What legal bookie (insurance company)? Another I might want to avoid.

And to whoever asked about the name of the town where I wasnt allowed to take pics of the my own cars corpse was gouldsboro, PA!
    That was me. Can't say I was ever in the Pocono region.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I do have comprehensive coverage but since there is no way to prove how or what caused the fire they have to refuse.
    no way man. that sounds super fishy to me. if they are going to cover anything, they cover all of it. comprehensive coverage is 1st party coverage, meaning it only covers you. all that matters is that your car caught on fire.

what insurance company do you have? i will totally go to bat for you on this one. let me know any way i can help you out.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I don't understand this scenario at all, hopefully this is just some misunderstanding and you're covered in the end. If anything screams "this is covered by insurance!", you'd think this would be it. I'm no car fire expert, but short of a wind driven fire storm, I think it's safe to say it's usually the car in the middle.

Good luck.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Id rather not say which insurance company just yet! Im talking to my attorney to get it straightened out, thank god hes my cousin! But I will say this, the reason my insurance company isnt paying is they need to do a "full investigation" into what happened before even determining if my claim is going to be approved! So they said monday the state fire marshal will view the police officers reports and the fire chiefs report as well as go back to where the fire was and do his own investigation! After all that if anything my insurance company will pay me what the car was worth not a penny more, so says my "agent"! So thats the latest as of 7 minutes ago!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I do have comprehensive coverage but since there is no way to prove how or what caused the fire they have to refuse.

That doesn't sound right at all. It seems like it is very clear what caused the fire, the burning vehicle next to your car!

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wow that sucks, sorry to hear!
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    damn sorry to read this that sucks , but i do hope it wil all get resolved and you can be happy again
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.