My VF39'ed WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My VF39'ed WRX within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey I made a small video on my car. This weekend I'm rebuilding the motor and putting in a few ...

Misiek's 2002 VF39'ed WRX

Hey I made a small video on my car. This weekend I'm rebuilding the motor and putting in a few new parts including a EWG Uppipe 38mm. Tell me what you think.

Also if you listen at 15 seconds you can hear the turbo screaming. Sounds like a missile passing the camera.

WARNING: Vulgar language in description and title of video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N_532rZYaM
    Last edited by themisiek1; 11-07-2010 at 07:33 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice! Was that 18.1psi on the AP?
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Yes that was my daily tune I was running. 18.1 PSI. I put alot of effort into making the exhaust note just right and hopefully a bit unique. Everything from the turbo noise, to BOV, to just exhaust note. So any feedback on that would really mean alot too

I Support ClubWRX
    Please link to the video (not embed it), since you decided to use an expletive in the title. Also, please indicate the video is NWS for language used in the video.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by themisiek1 View Post
    Yes that was my daily tune I was running. 18.1 PSI. I put alot of effort into making the exhaust note just right and hopefully a bit unique. Everything from the turbo noise, to BOV, to just exhaust note. So any feedback on that would really mean alot too
    Well a vent to atmosphere BOV is a no go on a Subie, unless your pushing a monster Garrett with a FMIC.

No matter. The AP can show a 1psi difference on your boost. I guess you may be closer to 19psi. The VF39 and VF43 can run reliably at 21 to 22 psi with a proper protune.

Your car sounds sweet.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Is the BOV I have a problem like something I should be concerned about?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257
    Also, please indicate the video is NWS for language used in the video.
    Thanks for doing the first part, but you missed the second part of the request.

Quote Originally Posted by themisiek1
    Is the BOV I have a problem like something I should be concerned about?
    As long as the valve is a quality one that is properly setup, adjusted, and maintained, it's not really anything to worry about.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

At best they do nothing for performance on this setup, at worst they rob power...

Sorry EJ257 I forgot. I knew I forgot something lol.

At least now in the video you're not claiming 434 whp on a race map.

read the post in my sig about bov's

You want it to recirc 100%
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.