new cameras in Yonkers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on new cameras in Yonkers within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Yonkers drivers beware,a lot of new red light cameras are being installed.Please update on your radar detectors to the Aura ...

I Support ClubWRX

new cameras in Yonkers

Yonkers drivers beware,a lot of new red light cameras are being installed.Please update on your radar detectors to the Aura database if you see them.

Cameras started operating at Midland Avenue and Bronx River Road on Oct. 1 and at South Broadway and Ludlow Street on Oct. 15, and three other locations are set to launch by Nov. 1.The owners of cars photographed running through red lights will be mailed a $65 ticket, though the violation does not add points to a driving record.

There are 6 proposed cameras to be installed at Central park ave.
    1.Central Park Ave & Arlington St

2.Central Park Ave & Fort Hill Ave

3.Central Park Ave & Crisfield St

4.Central Park Ave & Roxbury Dr

5.Central Park Ave & Sadore Ln

6.Central Park Ave & Yonkers Ave

Here are some of the newer proposed intersections:

High priority
    1.Northbound North Broadway & Ashburton Ave

2.Southbound North Broadway & Ashburton Ave

3.Northbound Midland Ave & Bronx River Rd

4.Eastbound Midland Ave & Bronx River Rd

5.Northbound Ashburton Ave & Warburton Ave

6.Southbound Ashburton Ave & Warburton Ave

7.Northbound S Broadway & Ludlow St

8.Southbound S Broadway & Ludlow St

low priority
    1.Nepperhan Ave & Odell Ave

2.Riverdale Ave & Prospect St

3.Nepperhan Ave & Executive Blvd

4.Kimball Ave & McLean Ave

5.Sprain Rd & Stew Leonard Dr

All cameras are maintained by a private company that will get about 50% off each violation recorded.

Stay safe
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 01-30-2013 at 06:30 AM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm not from the area. But this is good lookin out for those who are

I Support ClubWRX

Re: new cameras in Yonkers

I am bumping this thread. I am the proud new neighbor of a brand new shiny red light camera right outside my house.

I wonder how many of you have cameras in your city. We have them at practically every intersection now.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I am bumping this thread. I am the proud new neighbor of a brand new shiny red light camera right outside my house.

I wonder how many of you have cameras in your city. We have them at practically every intersection now.
    We have lots here in philly too. At this point there are only a handful that are the "take your picture mail a ticket" variety, but they seem to be adding more of those here and there.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    All of ours take pictures with a nice flash. So you might as well smile for the camera. Plus it records video. So if in doubt they'll send you the link. If you make a right turn on red without coming to a full stop they just send you the video link in the mail with a ticket.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    We have lots here in philly too. At this point there are only a handful that are the "take your picture mail a ticket" variety, but they seem to be adding more of those here and there.
    They really are starting to pop up like mad in Philly. Sad thing is, Philly has a habit of having incredibly short yellow lights that don't even give you a chance to slow or even make the decision. Sometimes you just get screwed in what would otherwise be a legal passing through the yellow light on a normal light.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    They really are starting to pop up like mad in Philly. Sad thing is, Philly has a habit of having incredibly short yellow lights that don't even give you a chance to slow or even make the decision. Sometimes you just get screwed in what would otherwise be a legal passing through the yellow light on a normal light.
    I cannot confirm this but I believe the yellows are shortened purposefully at camera monitored red lights.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    i ran about 6 yellow lights last time i was in philly... aint no body got time for yellows i was tryin to fill my mouth hole with some hawt meat

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    yea i noticed that! like i wasnt trying to run the yellows but didnt have a choice, as soon as i got to intersection it would change so id have to hurry lol

I Support ClubWRX
    We have vans that park in random locations to catch people speeding. It's crazy.
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 01-30-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    We have vans that park in random locations that catch people speeding. It's crazy
    I heard they have those in AZ. Thats crazier than the red light cameras. Lol, if they started doing that everyone would get a ticket here.

Its all the same company all over the US, American Traffic Solutions. Their trucks have been outside our window for days now. They have been banned from 4 states due to illegal business practices.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Even before the redlight cameras...the majority of yellow lights in Philly last maybe one full second if you're lucky.

I even got a ticket for running one about 6 years back. Ridiculous.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I heard they have those in AZ. Thats crazier than the red light cameras. Lol, if they started doing that everyone would get a ticket here.

Its all the same company all over the US, American Traffic Solutions. Their trucks have been outside our window for days now. They have been banned from 4 states due to illegal business practices.
    Yeah they make a ton a money from it I'm sure.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I actually welcome the red light cams in Philly. They're in locations that actually need them. The Intersection at Broad and Vine being the main one. Now all they need to do is get the pedestrians that run the sign that signals no more crossing. They get the white light and you let them all go then the light goes red for them while you have the green for a few more seconds so you don't have to sit through a whole light and people continue crossing and you miss the light!

Since I drive around city hall every work day, my observation is that the functioning of the cameras is legit, and I have no problem with them. I'm guessing that the sensor that triggers to camera is aimed at the stop line, with a delay on the camera which faces the other way to catch the back of the car; it seems to only catch people who are truly running the red, not getting stuck in he intersection due to traffic or anything like that.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast