2002 wrx, dont know what to do - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx, dont know what to do within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Pending on where you WRX was built, will tell you if tune is needed. Some US WRX and Aus. WRX ...

Pending on where you WRX was built, will tell you if tune is needed. Some US WRX and Aus. WRX will need a tune at stage 1 modifications.(mods: CAI,Cat back exhaust turbo inlet piping)

JDM WRX may need a tune at Stage 2 modifications. Some of the first US WRX may need tune at stage 2 as well. It will all depend on the ECU. I have a US/JDM WRX which I run at stage 2 with no tune and no problems. The JDM and some US WRX were unlimited and the Aus. WRX and some of the later US WRX were limited, which meant you needed a tune for any engine mods.

01-03 WRX may not need a tune with these(Mods: CAI,UP,DP,Inlet piping with Y pipe and Exhaust)

*Now beyond these mods you will definitely need some type of tune.(Injectors,Turbo,FMIC,70mm CAI,heads,fuel pump,)

US WRXs
    af411, af420, af421, af422, af423, af424 - 2001/2002
    aj030, aj031, aj040, aj041, ah791 - 2003/2004

EU WRX(Aus.)
    ae801, ae801, ae802 - 1999/2000
    af530, af531, ah750 - 2001/2003

Japanese WRXs
    af470, af471 - 2001/2002
    ae480, ae481 - WRX Type 5/6 RA
    ae490/491 - 1999/2000 WRX

Other WRXs
    ah570
    af720
    af730
    Last edited by Scout01; 09-27-2010 at 11:11 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by coreymarch44 View Post
    thanks for all of the help guys, well now i am waiting to see if my car gets totaled or not because i hit a deer on a back road the other day.
    Glad the car is getting fixed

cars getting fixed , going to buy an up and down pipe and then go get it tuned at a place called r/t tunning, any recommendations on a type of down/ up pipe or does it not matter?
    Getting the car tuned is a great idea, and I'm glad you've decided to go that route.

Judging from the content of R/T Tunings website/store, they are a Nissan shop. I have no knowledge of R/T Tunings work, but you don't own a Nissan. Not to mention their address is in a neighborhood across from a School and Church.

There are several Subaru specific shops in the Tri-State area, that will, likely, serve you better.

Here are some of the shops you can choose from.
    http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f100...-tuners-25397/

If I where you I'd get a hold of http://www.precisiontuning.com/ and have them do an Openecu tune.

Quote Originally Posted by jxkim View Post
    i went with ERZ/CNT catted DP and invidia UP
    whatever works for you really

never heard of this r/t tuning but be careful because there are bad tuners out there. EFI logics is one of the best in the country and its not too far. (in CT)
    In the salt riddled Tri-state area I'd stick to quality exhaust peaces.
    Helix or Invidia both make good reasonable priced parts. They are more expensive than the ERZ ones, and especially when it comes to uppipes, a quality part is worth it's weight in gold.

I've read EFI is a great shop, too, but judging by the first shop Corey mentioned they might be a bit out of his way.

Here's some more links you should click on, as well as the links in my signature.
    http://www.scoobymods.com/best-damn-...ipe-t6649.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJSxMBCMDCU

Happy reading, and welcome to ClubWRX!

i have had two friends that have had their cars tuned there and they have not had any problems, car run great and seemed to of worked out fine, i was wondering about an sti up pipe? have a friend selling one for 65 and i was wondering if i should buy that one or go after market, what would be better? Its off an 04, should work on my car right? also going with an invidia downpipe, thanks for the recomendations.

The STI uppipe will fit perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    The STI uppipe will fit perfectly
    ok thanks, buying it for 50 off a friend of a friend, any good web cites to get the gasketts cheap?

ok thanks, buying it for 50 off a friend of a friend, any good web cites to get the gasketts cheap?
    Buy OEM gaskets or Grimmspeed. Never cheap out on gaskets especially on the uppipe. Unless you like to torture yourself.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    Buy OEM gaskets or Grimmspeed. Never cheap out on gaskets especially on the uppipe. Unless you like to torture yourself.
    +1

Should i just go to a Subaru dealership, or do u have a recommended website?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by coreymarch44
    Should i just go to a Subaru dealership, or do u have a recommended website?
    Subaru dealership
    SubaruGenuineParts.com
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

grimmspeed was a great cite, prices where actually cheaper then alot of other cites, ordered from them thanks alot

was wondering about a front mount, is this a legitimate setup?
    http://www.wrxspeedshop.com/0207-sub...t-p-13088.html

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    was wondering about a front mount, is this a legitimate setup?
    http://www.wrxspeedshop.com/0207-sub...t-p-13088.html
    You need to set your priorities. You're looking for a FMIC without any supporting mods? What's the purpose? IMO (please don't take this personally), you need to do a considerable amount of research before purchasing any further modifications.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    You need to set your priorities. You're looking for a FMIC without any supporting mods? What's the purpose? IMO (please don't take this personally), you need to do a considerable amount of research before purchasing any further modifications.
    Im not taking it personally, thanks for the help, what kind of supporting mods should i do?, i am new to subarus, i was into hondas before, totally different ball game now

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by coreymarch44
    thanks for the help, what kind of supporting mods should i do?, i am new to subarus, i was into hondas before, totally different ball game now
    Read the links posted in the first reply.

Go to a forum subsection in which you are interested in (e.g., Engine Modifications, Suspension & Wheels, etc.) and read the "Sticky" threads at the top of them.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Im in the same boat you are i have a 02 WRX i just got. I know it has a cat back, rebuilt turbo and clutch, and i believe it is stage 1. It puts out about 15psi and i know that is higher than stock. But i think it has a boost leak or a bad tune idk witch yet..

So idk what mod i should do next. Maby a up and down pipe then take it to the shop to get it pro tuned to stage 2. Any thoughts??? I REALLY NEED HELP!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast