getting springs done in PA

This is a discussion on getting springs done in PA within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So I just picked up my 2003 WRX today for 00 with 90k miles. In great shape and I'm super ...

Question getting springs done in PA

So I just picked up my 2003 WRX today for $7000 with 90k miles. In great shape and I'm super exited . It came with prodrive springs that the seller didn't install. I am not a mechanic nor do I know much about car parts/installations, but I am doing my research and learning it as much as I can. I was jw if its hard to install these yourself or if I should go just get them done at a dealer or w/e. If at the dealer you guys know how much the price would be around Pittsburgh area? Thank a bunch in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's pretty easy, I put my Mach v springs on my car without a spring compressor...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    try to refrain from posting the same question/information twice. I have posted a link to the other post. Most likely the mods will merge the two threads. Welcome
    Prodrive Springs
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

first of all, congratulations. save your money to fix the little things that may pop up over the next year.

a spring install isn't too difficult, but you need to be careful, and you'll want a helper, especially if you don't get a loaner spring compressor. for a spring install, the subie shops around here charge a flat $200...I wouldn't go to a dealership and pay their silly prices. for prodrive springs, I wouldn't bother with a spring compressor unless you can't get a helper or if your helper is a girly man.

don't forget to get an alignment afterwards, and somewhere that you can talk to the tech directly to get more preferable numbers in the range (positive camber is still within the standard spec).
    2000 LGT | 2007 STi