Springs?!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Springs?! within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; My next step: EPIC? H & R? EIBACH? TEIN S TECH? SWIFT? So many; any feedback?...

Springs?!

My next step:

EPIC?
    H & R?
    EIBACH?
    TEIN S TECH?
    SWIFT?

So many; any feedback?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Of those, the 1st and last.

H&R: No input
    Eibach: Sportlines are under-engineered (Pro-kits are supposed to be better) and in general they have had a few bad batchs in their production lines.
    S-Techs: Worst choice of all the ones mentioned.
    Last edited by brfatal; 08-03-2010 at 12:08 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    What are your goals? Handling? Appearance? Both?

Tein S-techs have a reputation for going low, but w/ lousy handling properties.

Justin noted Eibach's known issues.

I had H&R coilovers. They held up well, but were pretty harsh.

STI take offs are popular for a minimal drop with tighter handling.

I would recommend taking some time and reading through the suspension forums. There are some very knowledgeable members there who've tried almost every spring you can think of...
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Ok

Thanks guys

Handling; so I also want to dabble with other means.

I put a Tanabe front strut mount in, but it seems to have pushed the equilibrium further back in the chassis. It helps but only seemingly as a step or part in the process.
    I figured lowering for center of gravity and also better push back; less float.

These are things that worked well for me in older tuner cars. This is my first WRX so...
    Last edited by peterb; 08-03-2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: more info

what year?

My buddies getting rid of his 09 Eibach springs after less than a month. Says he kept bottoming out with inner city driving.

Tein's go much lower than Eibach.

'09 w/ 42K

the PRO Eibach?

I had H & R on an 06 GTi & they were great. The GTi was pretty tall before & handled well stock, but lower was a LOT better.

I'll keep the stock struts for that very reason; I live in NNJ & work in South Ozone Park, NY.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.