Dealer Service in Northern New Jersey

This is a discussion on Dealer Service in Northern New Jersey within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Can anyone recommend a good dealer in Northern New Jersey for service. I have to have the fuel delivery line/hose ...

Dealer Service in Northern New Jersey

Can anyone recommend a good dealer in Northern New Jersey for service. I have to have the fuel delivery line/hose replaced due to the gas smell and I have been reading horror stories about the following dealerships near where I live: Wayne, Ramsey, Morristown and Parsippany.

Did anyone have a recent good experience with any of these dealers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NNJ Dealers

Man, I wish I could recommend A DEALER, but they all stink. It's funny, but Subaru seems to be handled like an afterthought by the parent company. Dealers in Englewood Cliffs, Ramsey, Nanuet, and even Nassau county LI seem very vague; like bad old US brand dealers. Apparently they never got the the memo to treat the customer well and not condescend. How do you condescend to a WRX or STi driver when it is ALWAYS about the car?! WE GET IT! and we want them to get it too, but they are too busy driving home their altimas to GET IT...
    I wish I could take my WRX to Jack Daniels & have them service it, but then I would have my old GTi or A4 and be dreaming about more horsepower...

If anyone can help us with a SUBY dealer who "gets it" please let us know.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    well if it was me i would go to Wayne Subaru or Morristown Subaru. I have mates who worked at both and both are also subaru forum members.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I would say Wayne Subaru would be worth a shot. That's where I bought my WRX about 3 months ago. I havent gotten to my 3k service, yet, but all the people there were great and respectful middle-aged people. The shop people were a lot younger, and I didn't talk to them much, so I'm not too sure how they are.
    2010 WRB WRX 5Door
    Stink-Eye Mob #29

ironically I live closest to Wayne; would love for them to be the goto guys...

I'm out of factory warranty but bought an extended 6/ 80K that covers the big stuff.

I had used them once before and they seemed good, but that was a couple of years ago. I had read some reviews that said Wayne used to be good but has changed. I will try them and hopefully not be disappointed.

Liberty Subaru in emerson NJ has reallyy good service. Family owned place, really nice people

I finally decided to have it done next week in Wayne. The service person I spoke with recommended while everything is taken apart I replace the turbo inlet boot and coolant lines. There will be no labor charges but the parts will cost around $220. Is this on the level and recommended?

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well it's in StroadsBurg, PA (just across the border on 80, but I got my subaru from Ertle and I've got nothing bad to say about them. The salesman even called me the other day to see how my '09 was running and if I stilled loved it (yes) after 3 months (got it used).

i just purchased my wrx from liberty nj on reccomendation from other subie owners about their service

probably a bit of a hike, but flemington subaru is great. all the techs have their own modified wrx's, sti's and what have you, the parts department is very knowledgeable. it's a great atmosphere... everyone there knows my face so i get parts at discount and sometimes free.
    '07 wrx wagon:
    Cobb catback, cobb short ram with intake box, turbosmart small recirc valve, yellow tinted fogs.

little bit older and a little bit more jaded.

damn, eventually I will be in the same boat with my car, I bought mine at Ramsey and it was quite possibly the worst dealer experience I ever had. I dont plan on using them for service.

Ramsey is the worst dealer around this north area. took me about 45 mins for a sales person to come and help me out. Morristown, Wayne (2 mins away), and Hudson Subaru were the best places ive been. I bought the car in Hudson and they were great on assisting me and eventually got my car from them.

Wayne Subaru. Sales guys are nice, and when i did have issues or even routine maintenance they were good.
    been a few years so I am hoping it's just as good.
    '11 WRX Ltd Sedan DGM
    '11 Audi Q5 2.0T IW
    '98 C2S 3.8 GW
    '95 968 Cab GPW