Good tune shops in PA?

This is a discussion on Good tune shops in PA? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Where is a good tune shop in Pa or Nj. I am near allentown pa so I only wanna drive ...

Good tune shops in PA?

Where is a good tune shop in Pa or Nj. I am near allentown pa so I only wanna drive about 2 or 3 hrs max.

Where is a good legitimate place I can take my car without having to worry they don't know what they are doing. Is an 02 wrx

Ty

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Look into Phoenix Performance.

http://www.phoenixperformance.net/

I've had work done at their location in Palm (which is soon closing). They do good honest work from my experience.
    2003 WRX Midnight Black Pearl

My Pics: Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
    Look into Phoenix Performance.

http://www.phoenixperformance.net/

I've had work done at their location in Palm (which is soon closing). They do good honest work from my experience.
    wow, im from zionsville, pa also. I have been there a few times. I think Phoenix is moving to another location about 30min from here.

Ty
    N8
    Last edited by n8n8n8; 07-13-2010 at 12:33 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    February 2014 update:

Kurt left Phoenix several months ago. Based on a recent negative service issue, I can no longer recommended Phoenix.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 02-26-2014 at 01:37 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by n8n8n8 View Post
    Where is a good tune shop in Pa or Nj. I am near allentown pa so I only wanna drive about 2 or 3 hrs max.

Where is a good legitimate place I can take my car without having to worry they don't know what they are doing. Is an 02 wrx

Ty
    http://www.area1320.com/home.html

They are in Easton, PA. From what I've been reading they are really good.

i dont have any shops to add to this i am subscribing just so when i am ready in know where these shops are and there not to far away.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

I'd stay away from Phoenix tuning wise. My cousin just upgraded to a dom3r and figured hell they race sti's they should know what they are doing.

He was scheduled for a Tuesday tune and they moved it to Thursday because he had to wait for a base map......uh at least to me that's a horrible sign. The dude is supposed to be a tuner and he doesn't know how to set up a safe map to work with?

Unfortunately for my cousin he hooked up his mbc like the ebc should have been hooked up and it was wrong. Because of this his external wastegate wasn't opening up. Then all of a sudden his car started smoking out the exhaust. The tuner didn't want to go any farther. Somehow it seems some how there was oil in his intercooler. Before they started tuning the dude said he only tunes stock turbo sti's that they race with and does corvettes. Yeah I'd want someone saying that to me.

I don't know. The stuff that was wrong wasn't really their fault but as a tuner I feel at least with the external wg not opening up the way he had his boost controler hooked up would be the first thing I'd check out.

So basically he paid $500 bucks for a license for a tune and a base map that was sent to this "tuner". Supposedly my cousin isn't even sure if he tweeked it or not but my guess is he didn't do anything since the ewg wasn't even opening. If he did then the tune would be 100% pointless since it wasn't functioning properly.

My cousin doesn't really care. He took care of his issues and is going to go to r/t tuning since they've tuned sti's with turbo's bigger then a vf. Personally if it was me I'd ask at least for the dyno time back that he paid for.

Precision Tuning in NJ

and there is Pruven Performance in Milford, CT i think its about 2hrs away
    "Nice Neon...it's a SRT-4!"