Engine work around Harrisburg PA area - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Engine work around Harrisburg PA area within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Thanks! the main reason i was including the intake was because i wasn't positive i didn't need it with the ...

Thanks! the main reason i was including the intake was because i wasn't positive i didn't need it with the fmic.

Still wondering about machining the heads though.

thanks for everything guys!
    ~B~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bduane View Post
    Thanks! the main reason i was including the intake was because i wasn't positive i didn't need it with the fmic.
    FMIC runs inline from the clean side of the turbo to the intake manifold, so there are no connections to the intake itself that will need to change for your other parts. the only thing that could require you to get an intake is if the FMIC you choose is routed through where the stock airbox is.
    2000 LGT | 2007 STi

Update going hybrid!

Alright well, sorry its taken a while to update on this, its been quite a pain to get all of this worked out and underway but im going to go with the 2.5/2.0 hybrid build

ej257 shortblock
    ej205 heads PnP
    sti pinks
    Cosworth 1.5mm head gasket
    OEM Thermostat
    OEM Water Pump
    OEM Timing Belt Tensioner
    Cosworth Kevlar Timing Belt
    OEM 11mm Oil pump with new bolts from the 2009 STI
    Vf43 turbo
    FMIC (havent decided which one yet but its looking like the turbo xs or ssac fmic)

Working with the guys at turboXS to get a break in map for it and then ill have it tuned by them after the motor is broken in.

I chose not to go forged internals with the ej257 block because after talking with various vendors regarding which way to go, most of them said the forged internals are an overkill unless you're sticking with the 2.0 block or wanting to push 600+ horse power with your 2.5l block, i have no intentions/funds of coming remotely close to 600+ horse power range so that was that. I would like to hear from some people that have done this switch and there success stories and horror stories so i can know what to expect both positive and negative.
    ~B~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12