Lemon Law in NJ experience?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Lemon Law in NJ experience? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey all, Do any of you have any experience with Lemon Law in NJ? Don't really think I should get ...

Lemon Law in NJ experience?

Hey all,

Do any of you have any experience with Lemon Law in NJ? Don't really think I should get into details, but I'm looking for a lawyer... was wondering if you had any input on who to go with, or perhaps who to avoid?

Thanks!
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I've got no advise about a lawyer, sorry.

You've done all the basic research, though? Lemon law is pretty tough to prosecute. Dealers are aware of how it works, and most are really careful to stay outside its boundaries.

Good luck.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Well I'm actually falling under the "20+ days without the vehicle"...

20 or more cumulative calendar days without possession of the vehicle for one or more problems.

Before 2 years AND 24,000 miles.

So it's pretty cut and dry there...

I have made a few calls to SOA to give them the opportunity to take care of this without involving attorneys since it would be cheaper for them... they said they would call me back today.

Had already spoken with the 1-800-MY-LEMON firm who seem very helpful and polite... if things don't go well today dealing directly with the manufacturer, then I'll just turn it all over to them.
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

I suggest finding a lawyer who deals specifically with car problems. The lemon law can be a tricky to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by coldsea View Post
    I suggest finding a lawyer who deals specifically with car problems. The lemon law can be a tricky to deal with.
    The law firm I contacted exclusively deals with Lemon Law claims...

I'll keep yas posted..
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

800 LEMON LAW--helped me out more than once

Check out www.lemonlaw.com. They helped me out more than once and they are free. They have a whole section also on the NJ Lemon Law.

Thanks for the info all. ended up going with the 1-800-MY-LEMON folks. Very pleasant to deal with. Everything settled quickly out of court. Can't get into any details, but I would recommend the firm of David J. Gorberg and Associates (www.mylemon.com) if you have the misfortune of being in this position. Given the circumstances, they made it as pleasant as possible.
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

I Support ClubWRX
    So what are you replacing it with? Or did you just get swapped into a new WRX?
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Neither - cash settlement.

Overall I'm very pleased with the outcome. Currently everything is working :knock on wood:, and they had given me the 7 year, 100k Gold Plus warranty when the long block and turbo were replaced at 8k miles.

So, with the settlement I am just going to pay it off. It'll be nice not having a car payment every month.

Or I could do a turbo swap, downpipe and a FMIC and supporting mods... and coilovers. And one of those Charge Speed lips would be awesome! And ..... wait no no, I'm paying it off Or I could pick up another project bike..... Hmmmm I'd better write the check to Chase bank to pay this off before I get in trouble

To be serious though, basically with the settlement, if I wanted to I could put that money down and trade my WRX straight across for a new model year. So in effect they gave me the option of putting me in a new car without them technically having another lemon recorded against them.
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.