someone want to help me out?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on someone want to help me out? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; i was wondering if anyone on here that knows a lot about wrx's and turbos would want to help me ...

someone want to help me out?

i was wondering if anyone on here that knows a lot about wrx's and turbos would want to help me out with my car. im located in lewisburg pa. my car has issues thats hard to explain and i have no idea what it might be. id be willing to throw someone a few bucks or buy them lunch. i would greatly appreciate this!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Mikey will do it. About the lunch tho.. He prefers the lunch buffet at your local dollar store... strip club=dollar store

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

hey i live in Sunbury PA.... 10 mins from you. Maybe we can get together and see whats going on maybe i can help ya out. Send me a PM if your interested.
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo47193 View Post
    hey i live in Sunbury PA.... 10 mins from you. Maybe we can get together and see whats going on maybe i can help ya out. Send me a PM if your interested.
    are you in that car club that hangs out at the lot in sunbury? the one with the white civic with lambo doors? you probably know who i am. i have the red wrx that had the carbon fiber on the roof and pillars. its repainted now but ive heard theres been some "talk" about my car from that car club.

Hey man ya I'm in that car club. I don't recall anything bad said about your car and if there was it wasn't from me that's for sure lol. But let me know if you wanna get together and talk about your car. Let me know either way.
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo47193 View Post
    Hey man ya I'm in that car club. I don't recall anything bad said about your car and if there was it wasn't from me that's for sure lol. But let me know if you wanna get together and talk about your car. Let me know either way.
    Good ol fashioned Scooby camaraderie . Gotta love it.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

lol i need a subaru guru. ive had my car for 3 years and still have yet to find someone who knows the problem. i almost hate driving my car because everytime i hit 3k rpm it cuts out, makes weird coughing noises, my boost drops then it takes off and is fine. it seems like a boost leak since my boost drops for a second when the "coughing" noise occurs. but it only does it at around 3k rpm.

Got anymore detail about the problem? What kind of mods do you have done? Is it tuned?

Ok...I looked up your mods...what kind of turbo is that?
    Last edited by lytlec; 04-29-2010 at 08:38 AM.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

i dont know much about the turbo. it was on the car when i got it. i know its a momentum ej05 40t. i think its pretty much identical to the 18g? someone correct me if im wrong on that.

wow 3 years and still no answers. That sucks man. i have no clue what it could be. Did you take it anywhere like a garage or anything. I would take it down to Precision Tuning. They are down in New Jersey though i believe.
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

i already had it tuned. i dont really wanna spend another 500 bucks if i can fix the problem myself.

I'm not saying to get it tuned I meant to find a solution to your problem.
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

id rather if someone told me what it was so i can fix it myself. i dont have the extra money right now to take it to someone else to get fixed. i think its something with my turbo or wastegate.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyWRX02 View Post
    lol i need a subaru guru. ive had my car for 3 years and still have yet to find someone who knows the problem. i almost hate driving my car because everytime i hit 3k rpm it cuts out, makes weird coughing noises, my boost drops then it takes off and is fine. it seems like a boost leak since my boost drops for a second when the "coughing" noise occurs. but it only does it at around 3k rpm.
    I don't know how much help this will be, but hopefully it will give you a little more of a lead on the problem....since I own a mazdaspeed protege & not a subie I can only provide my own similar experience...here goes:

My MSP stock set up is a GT25 turbo running ~7psi of boost...air is metered via a Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor in-line with the intake tract. I have the car currently tuned to ~10psi , which is the rough limit that the car can handle before exhibiting the same behavior you describe (car chokes/engine bucks...then takes off like a rocket), along with a Cold Air Intake. On colder mornings (winter time, etc) this happens very often, and in the warmer weather I don't get this to happen very much at all. Basically, the temp sensor coupled with the MAF is the culprit...when it sees the colder (denser) air cooling the sensor in the MAF, it assumes there is too much air (it sees this as exceeding the stock 10psi threshold)...in warmer temps the air drawn through my intake is not cold/dense enough to be read as exceeding this point, so hence why I do not get the same symptoms. The car will only behave this way if I go heavy on the throttle and push my boost up near the 10psi point...I've since learned in cold temps to moderate my foot while still being able to elicit about 7-8psi...but mostly I just avoid hard driving in the cold until I can get under the hood to perform the proper fixes

Does your car behave in this manner?...does it only do it under hard throttling (aka in boost) vs. mild acceleration?
    03 Mazdaspeed Protege
    Currently:
    Custom SRI, Custom FMIC with HKS SSQV, GHL 3" down & midpipe with hi-flo cat, stock boost on Garrett T-25, crossdrilled & slotted rotors w/ stainless steel brakelines, Custom projector headlights w/ CCFL rings & LEDs, Reverse cowl CF hood, Prosport boost & water temp gauges, AWR motor mounts, NGK Powerdex Wideband O2, ....still more to come....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.