anyone from upstate NY?

This is a discussion on anyone from upstate NY? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey guys and gals anyone drive up here or live up here? might've passed by a few people on occasion ...

anyone from upstate NY?

Hey guys and gals anyone drive up here or live up here? might've passed by a few people on occasion so just saying hi! (around the Albany area)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My mother and a good amount of my old hs buddies live in the area. I try to get up there a couple times a year to visit.

lots of back roads to enjoy up there
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

oh yea definitely, driving though Voorheesville was nice especially the road by thatcher park. but i hear some of the roads further up north are even better, haven't really had a chance to go up to Saratoga and VT, any suggestions?

I Support ClubWRX

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the site

You may see me driving around the area from time to time...

Bo linked you to a local site which you may find useful.

Quote Originally Posted by azngamer
    oh yea definitely, driving though Voorheesville was nice especially the road by thatcher park.
    I drove home from downtown Albany through Delmar/Voorheesville every once in a while on a nice day, and live not too far from Thatcher Park. There are a few people who live up that way that will romp around the mountains with me on a semi-regular basis. I plan an annual drive in the area every year, and we have met at TP the last two years to start it. I haven't begun really planning it, but I will be soon. That's our biggest turnout of the year (there are usually 20+ Subarus there).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

wow thanks guys, and that sounds amazing! 20+ Subarus running around actually sounds very intimidating haha

There are miles and miles of roads all over up there that are fun to drive on.

Hell, even just buzzing through nassau/schodack/avril park on Rt 150 is fun. exit 8 off of I90 and up rt 43.. And 66 around/past Glass lake.. and.. man I could go on and on lol, I grew up riding and driving in that area. If you do plan to wander out rt 20 through nassau though.. dont mess around with speeds.. especially right into the town of nassau. The cops are notoriously pricks about speeding. Seriously, I got a 3 over in there one night.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

sounds like a blast i have to try that sometime, and i guess i'll be taking it easy on the pedal :-p i'm usually a pretty conservative driver anyway so i think i'll be alright

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by azngamer View Post
    wow thanks guys, and that sounds amazing! 20+ Subarus running around actually sounds very intimidating haha
    Glad to see you joined up. I linked you to the planning thread I created for that cruise over there (I have a different U/N on that board).

It's definitely exciting, but the success of the first years event turned last year into a bit of a CF and we ended up losing a bunch of the people right in the beginning. This year I'm going to strongly recommend people have walkie-talkies.

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick
    Hell, even just buzzing through nassau/schodack/avril park on Rt 150 is fun. exit 8 off of I90 and up rt 43.. And 66 around/past Glass lake.. and.. man I could go on and on lol, I grew up riding and driving in that area. If you do plan to wander out rt 20 through nassau though.. dont mess around with speeds.. especially right into the town of nassau. The cops are notoriously pricks about speeding. Seriously, I got a 3 over in there one night.
    Him and I live in a town that's equally as strict on speed; I've been pulled over for speeding on four occasions while driving within 5mph of the limit

I don't get a chance to hit up the other side of the river very often (I work on cars @ RPI, that's about it). Maybe I'll have to start exploring a little more this summer...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

ah some unysoc family on here, I just joined

Im about an hour from both albany and saratoga. you guys will have to let me know if you plan anythings on weekends. ill come down for it. even if its a trip to the mall. me and the women usually go to utica mall but there is nothing there anymore. i still need to sign up for unysoc. im still working on my computer and dont get a lot of time on my ladys laptop.

Upstate NY

I'm originally from up that way, heralding from Corinth/Greenfield Ctr area myself. My brother now lives in Scotia, so I try to get up that way a few times a year if I can.

to comment on great roads to drive, I couldn't agree more! If you actually head up into the Adirondack park, and cruise the area around Lake Placid/Whiteface/Ausable Forks/Wilmington/Upper Jay etc....there are miles of twisty mountain roads that will leave you grinning from ear to ear! My hope is that when I'm up there fly fishing there will also just so happen to be a fun-run planned in that area, and in which case I may have to take a break from the river for a few hours to go for a cruise!
    03 Mazdaspeed Protege
    Currently:
    Custom SRI, Custom FMIC with HKS SSQV, GHL 3" down & midpipe with hi-flo cat, stock boost on Garrett T-25, crossdrilled & slotted rotors w/ stainless steel brakelines, Custom projector headlights w/ CCFL rings & LEDs, Reverse cowl CF hood, Prosport boost & water temp gauges, AWR motor mounts, NGK Powerdex Wideband O2, ....still more to come....

catskill not far from albany..
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

theres been some tuners hanging out at walmart in herkimer on sat nights. i was asked to join em. anyone else interested in showing them what real cars are?