Bad Shops to go to.

This is a discussion on Bad Shops to go to. within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I would recommend not going to either of these two shops if you need work done on your car: American ...

Bad Shops to go to.

I would recommend not going to either of these two shops if you need work done on your car:

American Tire and Brake, Inc
    1339 Ben Franklin Hwy. (422)
    Douglassville, PA 19518

or

Euro-Asian Specialty
    Pottstown, PA

The owner of these two shops proved to me that he knows nothing about cars, and he also lied to me and my wife about an issue we were having with the car. After his shop installed a clutch and flywheel for me as I do not have the proper logistical support to do that on my own.

He told us the metallic scraping noise we were hearing was from exhaust baffles. That was crap. If it were the baffles, I doubt it would be a metallic scraping, and it would only happen upon acceleration. The noise for us was happening during decceleration. Turns out that this is not an uncommon issue when you get an aftermarket clutch and lightweight flywheel (according to posters on NASIOC). I think it is backlash in the front differential.

So do not take you car to him and do not recommend him to anyone.
    Wicked Effects
    Blobeye Syndicate #108

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

this thread is just what i was looking for. ive also had bad experiences at a few shops. the first was slowboy racing which used to be in indiana pa. they tuned my car, did a crappy job, and then charged me 500 bucks. another is custom airwerks in lancaster pa. i could write a novel on bad things about that place. what ever happened to honest people doing quality work??