STOLEN: Please be on lookout - 03 Blue WRX sedan - NJ lic. NDN31W - Bridgewater, NJ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on STOLEN: Please be on lookout - 03 Blue WRX sedan - NJ lic. NDN31W - Bridgewater, NJ within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by spicoli Hi guys, thanks for all the kind words of support. It's been a tough few weeks. ...

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for all the kind words of support. It's been a tough few weeks. I really missed driving my Subaru.

At one point, I thought I found my car. I was in the parking lot of Loews New Brunswick and there was a Blue WRX with bugeyes and in the dark looked just like mine. The license plate was only off by one...mine is NDN31W..this one was NDN30W. So close, my heart was racing when I saw it at first.

I got a call from Bridgewater Police two nights ago. My car was recovered in Newark. I went to the tow yard to look at it today. It was just a shell, everything was stripped out. I felt sick seeing my car in that condition and knowing I would not be driving it again.

I'm getting around $9300 from the insurance company after my $1000 deductible.

Trying to decide on a replacement car now. Any ideas? I'd love to get another WRX, but also considering something more practical, with better gas mileage, and lower cost to own. I might just get a Honda Fit. Unless someone knows of a used WRX up for sale.

Definitely be careful if you work/live in the area. Both times my car was stolen it was daytime, people coming and going out of an office building on Route 22. I doubt an alarm or club would have done much good. Lojack might have helped if it was noticed right away. My car was most likely taken to a chop shop and they can have the car stripped in a few hours.

Thanks again to everyone who responded and helped. Hopefully I can be back in a Subie one day.

thats terrible to hear about the car. at least your getting a good chunk of change though. and do look for a used Subie. i found my 04 with low miles in great condition, so they are out there. best of luck to you
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Glad you're getting something back man...that area is rough.

My worked Acura Integra was yoinked right out of my college parking lot at William Paterson University. It was recoverd 4 days later in West Orange on rusted steelies, COMPLETELY stripped in a parking lot.

I was so sad
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for all the kind words of support. It's been a tough few weeks. I really missed driving my Subaru.

At one point, I thought I found my car. I was in the parking lot of Loews New Brunswick and there was a Blue WRX with bugeyes and in the dark looked just like mine. The license plate was only off by one...mine is NDN31W..this one was NDN30W. So close, my heart was racing when I saw it at first.

I got a call from Bridgewater Police two nights ago. My car was recovered in Newark. I went to the tow yard to look at it today. It was just a shell, everything was stripped out. I felt sick seeing my car in that condition and knowing I would not be driving it again.

I'm getting around $9300 from the insurance company after my $1000 deductible.

Trying to decide on a replacement car now. Any ideas? I'd love to get another WRX, but also considering something more practical, with better gas mileage, and lower cost to own. I might just get a Honda Fit. Unless someone knows of a used WRX up for sale.

Definitely be careful if you work/live in the area. Both times my car was stolen it was daytime, people coming and going out of an office building on Route 22. I doubt an alarm or club would have done much good. Lojack might have helped if it was noticed right away. My car was most likely taken to a chop shop and they can have the car stripped in a few hours.

Thanks again to everyone who responded and helped. Hopefully I can be back in a Subie one day.
    Sorry about that car man...losing a great car to a death like that is almost like losing a family member. I'd be upset for weeks...

9300 isn't a bad return though...that's some good money to play with. I don't know what your current financial situation is--it might not be pretty after losing the car--but I've got a couple suggestions if you're looking for a good car...first of all, I've got a friend with a Honda Fit. He says it's a great car, but he went to that from a Saab 9-5T and says it just isn't the same in any aspect at all. I think if you jumped into a Honda Fit you'd be getting great gas mileage, but you might experience some HP-withdrawl.

On the other hand, my uncle's got a honda civic Si 4-door and LOVES it. He says the gas mileage is fantastic and it handles like a dream. And, of course, it's a honda, so it could very well live forever. I've browsed used car sites sometimes and seen them used at pretty decent prices. My other suggestion would actually have to be a chevy cobalt ss. They can stick with wrx's and have surprisingly good build quality for being a chevy.

Again though, my sincere condolences for the terrible loss. No one should ever have to go through losing a car. Hang in there!
    Wow, this car rocks.

I live on the autobahns of Germany

Ravens for life.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sucks to hear - good luck with the shopping.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

wow man, i'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your subbie....i'd be devastated. I'm sure you can find another used subbie somewhere out there for pretty cheap....my buddy just got a 2006 impreza for roughly $10,900 with only 22,000 miles on it. good luck shopping man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12