Tires? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Tires? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by elwray I don't know how much of that is thanks to the tread design and siping, or ...

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    I don't know how much of that is thanks to the tread design and siping, or simply that the temperatures were just too low for the stock rubber to be of any worth.
    unless you are driving through deeper snow/slush, the tread design doesn't do much. on mostly clear roads, the difference is entirely the rubber compound.
    2000 LGT | 2007 STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lengthwise32 had a great link to Discount Tire site that explained it pretty well:

Tire Safety Below 45 - Discount Tire
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

so do most people buy a second set of rims for thier car to fit winter tires, or do most people just change out their tires twice a year. Also, can tires become compromised after being changed so many times?

I run both a summer and winter set of tires/rims.
    The winter tires work so well, it doesn't matter if it's snowing out, I know my Subaru and I can go out in Denver even in the worst weather when everybody else is having trouble.

Not only is the rubber made for cold weather, but also look at the tread design here:
    Winter: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/pr.../yoksp3.xl.jpg
    Summer: http://www.2dayparts.com/media/catal...nhf4.xl_10.jpg
    2009 WRX - South Denver, CO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.