It gives me great pleasure to announce that Philly Region will be hosting a charity event with the Eagles and CJ's Tire on October 25th! This event will benefit the Eagles' charity Tackling Breast Cancer, which helps the Jefferson Breast Cancer Center. Philadelphia SCCA will donate the proceeds from this event to this charity in support of the Eagles and their fight against breast cancer. I hope that all of you would be willing to come out to this event and enjoy yourselves all while helping a great cause in the Philadelphia community. Please see below for all of the wonderful entertainment and events taking place in addition to just the Solo event.
Date: Oct. 25, 2009
Location:Lincoln Financial Field
Held under the SCCA Solo Rules
Registration: Online through MSR will open on Monday Oct. 12th. Link to MSR Registration
250 car cap, with 3 runs.
Note: if we do not get above 200 cars, this event will have 4 runs.As for entertainment...
- CJ's Tire is hosting a Car Show.
- CJ's & the Eagles will also have a silent auction.
- Eagles Cheerleaders will be there.
- Swoop will be there.
- Eagles Alumni will be present.
- Aramark will be vending food on site with half of the proceeds going to charity.
- Hankook will be showing up with a full size trailer and their drift team cars.
- Best Buy is bringing their "Mobile Fan Zone".
- Pepsi, Frito Lay, & Turkey Hill will be providing product samples.
- Teva is providing product giveaways.
- Tastykake is donating product.
- Chrysler has offered to raffle off a car.
I'm very excited about this event and I think this is a great way to get to share our sport with people who may not normally get to experience it. We also have the ability to raise probably at least $10k for the Eagles' charity Tackling Breast Cancer. I hope to see as many of our competitors out at this event as possible. Please feel free to talk this event up with all of your automotive enthusiast friends and see if they would like to try a Solo event for the first time.
I will add more details as they become available.