Vick with the Eagles? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Vick with the Eagles? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Fly'n Brian Thanks for the compliment. I had read somewhere that he was nearly bankrupt from all ...

But?

Quote Originally Posted by Fly'n Brian View Post
    Thanks for the compliment.

I had read somewhere that he was nearly bankrupt from all his legal fee's ect.. before he got signed by the Eagles. I hardly would call that plus time in jail a slap on the wrist.
    Now he can go back in the NFL making more than I would in a lifetime and everything is ok? He brought all this on himself! I don't watch football and could care less but, animals that had no chance is what I have a hard time dealing with.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I gotta agree in saying he shouldn't be allowed to play ball again. What he did imo was more inhumane and wrong than what some pot dealers do. Don't get me wrong, drug dealing is not supported by me. But those drugs aren't forced, and are bought by people who choose to do that. Those dogs didn't have a choice, and I know they're not as significant as people are considered. The question isn't if he served his time or not. He went to jail, did the time he was supposed to having 5 lawyers and as much money to throw around as he can to reduce sentence. But, after being released, just back on track like nothing had happened. Yea, people are going to look down on him now, but you really think that matters to him considering he's jumping right back in to a 6 figure contract? Like WRXelent said, teacher gets in trouble, fired with no chance to teach, police gets in trouble, fired with no chance in law enforcement. Now celebrity gets in trouble, gets shunned but keeps his career making bank. Just doesn't seem right.

I Support ClubWRX
    I was a pretty heavy pot smoker myself from the late 70's through the early 80's. I now know this was a big mistake as it made adjusting to adulthood a lot harder than it should have been. I do not condone its use or sale.

In the past have known a few people who were casual pot dealers. They were good people and friends of mine. They did not sell to children or sell harder chemical substances.

Just curious, have you ever downloaded music or movies or games through file shairing programs or websites such as, The Pirate Bay?
    Yes. Back in the old Napster / Gnutella / Scour days (late 90's through 2001 or so) I grabbed a lot of mp3s. Who didn't back then? Never used Pirate Bay or Bit Torrent.

However, you never did answer my question. What would be a good punishment for his crimes?
    He should have been banned from the NFL for life immediately after the conviction. I likely would not have started this thread if it was a team other than the Eagles who was stupid enough to sign Vick.

I have been a big fan of the Eagles going back to the 1970's. I now turn my back to them as long as Vick is on the team.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by dmcmahan12 View Post
    Now he can go back in the NFL making more than I would in a lifetime and everything is ok? He brought all this on himself! I don't watch football and could care less but, animals that had no chance is what I have a hard time dealing with.
    Like I said, what he did is not ok. And he was punished for it. But so what if he makes more money than you or I? We must not be doing too bad if we can afford to drive new WRX's.
    Defi Imperial Boost Guage,Tim Bailey Tuned,Cobb catted DP, Borla CBE, GT Spec 4 point H brace. 18x8.5 Enkei PF01s, Kartboy Engine Pitch Stopper. Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings. Rallitek 25mm FSB, Rallitek 22mm RSB, Rallitek HD endlinks.
    "Can you imagine the eThug power you'll be able to wield as you type messages of death to JDM hating domestic car enthusiasts?"-TiC

Let the hate poor, I love watching this guy play football. He served his prison time will serve a short suspension and will be exciting to watch. You guys should go complain about the likes of Leonard Little and Dante Stallworth that killed PEOPLE, no one seems to give a **** about those guys. Maybe we can even complain about Ray Lewis being involved in a murder, or Jamal Lewis selling cocaine. Welcome back Vick, you're a dumb person and a total idiot when it comes down to it but I'll gladly watch you on sundays.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

I despise Michael Vick. I would love it if they make him pay so many fines that he goes broke. Or to give all of his money to the ASPCA. I think he is a disgrace and an example what people do to build up self esteem. Typical bully - hurt and batter those who can't defend themselves. This is my opinion only though.

Lol that is has to be the most insane comment I have read yet.
    I don't know how it would be put in English, (I might not be wording it correctly here) but just because he didn't take a human life doesn't mean that he didn't take a life. I don't think that an animal's life is less than human life. He abused and killed. Yes, there are worse people, and most of them serve life sentences or get executed.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-14-2009 at 06:16 PM.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    I was a pretty heavy pot smoker myself from the late 70's through the early 80's. I now know this was a big mistake as it made adjusting to adulthood a lot harder than it should have been. I do not condone its use or sale.

In the past have known a few people who were casual pot dealers. They were good people and friends of mine. They did not sell to children or sell harder chemical substances.

Yes. Back in the old Napster / Gnutella / Scour days (late 90's through 2001 or so) I grabbed a lot of mp3s. Who didn't back then? Never used Pirate Bay or Bit Torrent.

He should have been banned from the NFL for life immediately after the conviction. I likely would not have started this thread if it was a team other than the Eagles who was stupid enough to sign Vick.

I have been a big fan of the Eagles going back to the 1970's. I now turn my back to them as long as Vick is on the team.
    As for the File shairing according to the MPAA or RIAA anyone who did that is a theif. Do I personally think that makes anyone who did that a "bad" person? No but according the MPAA and RIAA anyone who did that should be sued for millions and jailed.

Now for the drug using and dealing. I will leave that alone because, I know we will probably not agree on that topic. So, I will just say I respect your opinion and thats it.

So, for being convicted of dog fighting all you think should have happened is a life long ban from the NFL? In my opinion that would have been an easier punishment that what he was dealt.

Well anyways, personally I feel like justice had been served and if you feel betrayed by your team then I feel for ya but there are other better sports out there like the NHL -=)
    Defi Imperial Boost Guage,Tim Bailey Tuned,Cobb catted DP, Borla CBE, GT Spec 4 point H brace. 18x8.5 Enkei PF01s, Kartboy Engine Pitch Stopper. Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings. Rallitek 25mm FSB, Rallitek 22mm RSB, Rallitek HD endlinks.
    "Can you imagine the eThug power you'll be able to wield as you type messages of death to JDM hating domestic car enthusiasts?"-TiC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FAST_WRX View Post
    I say let 2 pitbulls tear him apart. he's the scum of the earth. And should never be allowed to play football again. Man is a piece of ****.
    I like the way you think ...

My neighbor has a Pit Bull mix ... a beautiful, loving pooch. Dogs are unconditionally loyal to humans ... to the death even.

~12,000 years ago canines made a conscious decision to align and bond themselves with humans. They deserve the best from us.

So, for being convicted of dog fighting all you think should have happened is a life long ban from the NFL? In my opinion that would have been an easier punishment that what he was dealt.
    My bad. Ban from the NFL + at least 5 years of hard Federal pound me in the ass prison (Office Space quote) for starters. Then having to make a living on the sporadic low paying jobs most other convicts are forced into would have been nice.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-14-2009 at 06:07 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by WRXie View Post
    I despise Michael Vick. I would love it if they make him pay so many fines that he goes broke. Or to give all of his money to the ASPCA. I think he is a disgrace and an example what people do to build up self esteem. Typical bully - hurt and batter those who can't defend themselves. This is my opinion only though.

I don't know how it would be put in English, (I might not be wording it correctly here) but just because he didn't take a human life doesn't mean that he didn't take a life. I don't think that an animal's life is less than human life. He abused and killed. Yes, there are worse people, and most of them serve life sentences or get executed.
    My personal belief is its not cool to wish financial hardship on others.

Also, I think a human life is worth MORE than a animal's life.

I think we should end this thread

Not doing bad?

This is pointless! He is going to play no matter what we think, say or do.

** Let's keep politics out of this please **
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-14-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Editied for political commentary.

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

A life is a life. He is no one to play with it - killing, torturing or whatever else he did.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcmahan12 View Post
    +1
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

You are completely off base. Im simply stating that michael vick **** an insanely stupid thing. As well as showing the inner city youth that bein a thug and dog fighting is kool. yeah like we need more inner city youth thinking its ok to arrange dog fighters.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-14-2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Please keep on topic

Oh and I own 3 dogs. Im a firm believer in donating to ASPCA and all my dogs are taken care of better then anyone else I know. I believe people who are cruel to animals should be slain. They chose to be cruel to that animal. Just my thought.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_FAST_WRX View Post
    Im simply stating that michael vick **** an insanely stupid thing. As well as showing the inner city youth that bein a thug and dog fighting is kool. yeah like we need more inner city youth thinking its ok to arrange dog fighters.
    What he did is dumb. Why would anyone with half a brain think that doing what he did should be repeated?
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-14-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Please stay on topic and be a bit more respectful of others' opionions

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast